total noob with lighting question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nellymirikitani, Apr 21, 2015.

1. i was wondering if anyone has used this particular light? and if so, is it any good for a plant indoors? has anyone had a succesful grow with it?

[​IMG]

im on a budget and have no way of growing outside. was using a fluorescent light up until recently on the seedling. i dont believe its an autoflowering type. so far the plant is growing nicely with it, i got this light because i just didnt want my light bill to go up. figured i would get more lights as the plant got bigger. ive been trying to do my research and this is the only blue/red light i can afford at the moment. i wish i could get my hands on a ufo setup tho.

2. What is the wattage on that bulb total mate, I can't make it out

50 watt equivalent but uses 2 watts of power

4. That's miserable man it is 2 watts alright you'll need at least 50 of those

• Like Like x 1
  5. get an entry level full spectrum 90-200 watt ufo led. you can do 1 plant with one of those with great results.. just make sure its full spectrum so u get red and blues. I like to get ones with more red than blue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 GoldGrower, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
    a 2w LED isn't going to be able to grow anything. Total waste of money

You should be able to buy a 20w CFL for a couple of bucks. One of those a couple of inches above each seedling will be ok for a couple of weeks. After that you will need to buy some more though. The more watts, the more bud

• Like Like x 1