Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cant Get High

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Wepoi, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Hey!

I've smoked 4ish times already. I first shared a joint, then a few joints with tobacco in them and i recently did a small bong hit. (Baring in mind these were over the course of 2 months)

I don't feel anything whatsoever. I feel a little anxious but i don't feel as if anything is happening. Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!

2. You just need to smoke more to understand what it feels like to get high. I would suggest sharing a joint that is just straight weed no tobacco mix and take a big lung hit and then remove the joint from your mouth and inhale again as much as you can to get the smoke all the way deep into your lungs. Do that 3-6 times and you should be feeling pretty stoned. It took me 4 tries to get high. First time nothing, second nothin, third something, and then I went all out for the 4th and took 14 small pipe hits and then got blasted but still controlled. Happy toking!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Try puffing some provolone from 7-11, I hear it gets you WAY high, dude....

4. Are you inhaling correctly? First time I smoked cigs, I didn't know to inhale. Took me a couple tries to get it.

5. stand on tip toes when you smoke to make yourself even higher

6. you definitely aren't breathing it in correctly, or enough.

7. Take a 4 day break. Just came off of one and I'm pretty high.

Great name!  I'm always in need of various chutneys!

Arrey!  Dost!

9. Smoke 2 days In a row. Its like when people don't get high their first time but if you wait long enough in between that keeps happening.

10. Hi,

Many factors can be in play here, are you inhaling right? Is it good quality Cannabis? Is it actually Cannabis? As I am not with with you when you smoke I cannot answer these. But I can give you tips on how to "Improve your chances". Depending on the area you are in it is relatively easy to find good quality Buds, if possible get a friend who knows Bud to tell you if it is good quality or you can view youtube videos that review strains to get a good idea of what is Excellent, Good, Average or Bad. 
    As for inhaling, again some videos might help but just try to keep it down as long as you can. I usually inhale straight to my lungs but another way is to fill up your mouth and cheeks and then take a deep breath and hold. Then exhale after 2-5 seconds depending how good your lungs are. With time it will come.

I remember, tho not very well, the first times I smoked I was doing it wrong but put on your favorite tunes and it will be a good time.

11. Are you inhaling? Is the weed going all the way down to your lungs and then some?

First time I got my friend high it took me fifteen minutes to teach him how to breath in with a mouth full of smoke. He'd take a small hit and blow it out immediately.

12. i can't get high if i take wellbutrin.

that should be just enough pot to make you stoned...especially if you're new to smoking. i got my mom high when pot was legalized and she took one small bong hit and got way too stoned. now she complains she can't get stoned any more lol.

small hits so you don't immediately cough, good quality meds and holding in your hit is about all the advice one can give. if it's not this then maybe there's something else to blame....like oregano. lmao

I thought it was swiss haha

14. Inhale....

Exhale....

15. you got to smoke a few times over the course of a few days. this happens often enough to people so don't sweat it.

16. you men 4 times in all? or 4 times today? perhaps take a tolerance break? or your weed is sht, try getting hash

17. you're not alone. i didn't feel a thing for my first 6 times. It'll come!

100% faded

18. There's a technique that I recall floating around here when I joined, and have had good results with people who couldn't quite figure out how to inhale properly.

After taking your hit, inhale for a second, hold it for a second, exhale a little bit of smoke(just enough to make some room in your lungs), then take a deep, meditative-like, breath of air before exhaling the rest of your hit.  "breathing" the smoke(sort of).

You also need to bear in mind, that all this occurs within 3-5 seconds, and isn't quite as drawn out as it seems.

The idea is that when you bring that extra bit of air in, it mixes the smoke around in your lungs exposing more of the the smoke in the middle, to the goods of your lungs. And with first timers, it's harder to not inhale properly.   whether or not this gets you any higher, I can't say.  But its helped a few people I know to understand inhaling.

19. Hey! thanks for all of your responses. Im planning to try again tomorrow evening with a friend. Im pretty sure its just down to me not inhaling properly since i just blow it out almost immediately. Thanks again! :)

20. Definately hold it in for a few seconds.

Inhale happiness, exhale regret.