1st grow from seed Venice Beach Afghan, Power Flower, and Indian Skunk under induction+LED DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Dboy510, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Hello everyone, welcome and happy 4/20!
    So this is my first grow from seed after about 5 grows from clone. Took a break for about a year and now that the school semester is ending decided I had time and have had these beans that I've purchased or got as freebies over the past couple of years but was reluctant to pop cause of inexperience.

Got my tent all set up and had been trying to find some decent clones with no luck so I bit the bullet and dropped the beans in some rockwool and sho' nuff 2 days later here they are! 4/5 so far!

These are the 3 strains:
    • 1 Royal Queen Power Flower (Feminized)
    • 2 Seedsman Indian Skunk (Regular)
    • 2 Kera Venice Beach Afghan (Feminized)
    Here's more info on the strains:
    • Power Flower - 88% Sativa / 12% Indica
    • Indian Skunk - Mostly Sativa
    • Venice Beach Afghan - 75% Indica / 25% Sativa
    Strain Lineage / Genealogy:
    • Power Flower - South African Sativa
    • Indian Skunk - South Indian Kerala x Skunk #1
    • Afghan - OG Kush x White Widow
    <b>Size of tent?</b>
    • 4x4
    • Dirt Genius 400 CFM fan on a 6x12" carbon filter for when it starts getting loud
    • 240 CFM can fan for intake
    Size of light?
    • 2ft 4 bulb (3x 6400K, 1x 2700K) HO T5 until they outgrow that, then I'll turn on the Indagro PAR-420 420 watt induction light
    • When it's time to flower, I'll add 2x 108 watt UFO LED for a total of 636 watts of induction/LED
    Temp of Room/cab?
    • High 77 degrees
    • Low 70 Degrees
    Type and strength of ferts used?
    • No nutes until cotyledons fall off
    • Jack's Pro Hydroponic 5-12-26 and Calcium Nitrate, General Hydroponics CalMag
    • General Hydroponics pH up and down when/if needed. From what I remember from using Jack's, after mixing the nutes the water would already be at perfect pH
    Instruments?
    • Hanna Instruments pH / temp meter
    • HM Digital PPM meter
    The PF and 2 VBA's sprouted on 4/20. From what I read about the Skunk, it wasn't really an easy strain to germ and grow, was recommended for advanced growers also cause she's a sativa and can get big fast.

Skunk #1 Just poked her head out on 4/21 but still no sign of Skunk #2. Didn't have a problem getting them to germ like some people had mentioned, just noticed that they were a bit slower to sprout than the other beans.

The plan is to transplant them into 5 gallon bubble buckets when they're ready, but it will be a little bit before this grow gets interesting but go ahead and I'll keep everyone updated with pictures!

If you have any questions or any kind of tips, feedback is greatly appreciated! IMG_2247.JPG

• Disagree Disagree x 1