Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should we share a 1g blunt/joint or make smaller sized joints?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Liambruh, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Ok, so me and like 2 other friends(maybe 3) are planning to try weed for the first time. A friend is able to hook us up with a gram of weed and I'm unaware of the strain, but I know it costs $20. I know a gram is not a lot of weed, but we aren't trying to fork out too much without experience and we'd like to make this work. So, which of these options would be better, making a 1g blunt/joint (Which one of these should we make if this is the better choice?) or splitting the 1g into smaller increments?
    Also include any tips you'd like to give to a first time user, thanks! [​IMG]

2. Roll it all up in one and share it together. [​IMG]

3. What are the benefits of sharing a blunt/joint? Does it last longer or does the bigger amount of weed get everyone using it higher?

4. we got stoned out of a bubbler the first time, was fucking so high, my friend was puking, after little kids were chasing us down the street.. whoa that was 8th grade.. [​IMG]

^^^ bubbler or pipe would conserve..

Memories. [​IMG]   Sharing the joint is sharing the experience.

6. I won't mind sharing a joint or blunt, but idk if all my friends will be up for sharing it. If we split the weed into say .3(and a little extra) joints for 3 people will we get the same high as sharing a blunt/joint and taking equal hits? If we do share the blunt/joint which is better for sharing, a big joint or a blunt?

I want to use a bubble or a bong, but i don't think we could buy one. Is a homemade bubbler still as good?

7. #7 Jingo Dookstain, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015

It's really up to you.

A blunt will burn slower, but it may feel harsher to some people. A joint will burn faster, but it might not be as harsh. However, this really depends on the quality of the blunt/rolling paper and yada yada. Either way, you won't really have to rush.

Making a .3 joint sounds kinda odd to me, might be as skinny as the shaft of a q-tip lol. And it definitely wouldn't be ideal with a blunt. I say you should just roll one thing and share it, ain't nothing wrong with that. Are your friends the germaphobe type?

And people might say one vs. the other gets you higher, but if you're new to smoking, it really won't matter lol. One proper hit and you'll be high. 

EDIT: You'll know when it's a "proper" hit when you know the smoke is in your lungs, exhale it, and a lot more than you would initially expect comes out. If you take a puff, then blow out and the smoke appears short or tiny, then you haven't inhaled it into your lungs properly, and you won't feel too high.

EDIT 2: And you don't need to take a long drag either, it might destroy your throat. A single, one second puff every time the joint gets passed to you is enough.

EDIT 3: Sorry, this is the last edit. Just want you to have a good time this 420.

I recommend you inhale by dragging the smoke into your mouth first. Once you've got a suitable amount, quickly inhale like you just ran a mile and you're out of breath. This'll let the smoke cool down a bit, ime. When I started smoking, I tried inhaling directly into my lungs and it didn't turn out too good.

8. You are over thinking it man.

ROLL THAT SHIT, LIGHT THAT SHIT, SMOKE THAT SHIT

9. While you fiddle around regarding method of usage, I'll go ahead and puff that gram...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. im already blew. 1.5 g  J i dont wanna play anymore you guys...

11. I would love to see a first timer roll a gram joint. Get a normal pack of papers and roll what you can. Just make it work. It'll be a good memory

12. And since it's your first time, you'll know you're getting high if the joint goes out because you've been holding it while telling a story.

13. Thank You for all those tips, especially the last one. Unfortunately, we aren't doing it today. Today would've been a nice day, but we don't even have the weed yet, lml. And idk if my friends will be germaphobic about the idea, but I'm definitely gonna ask them. 

14. If ur friends are that germaphobic then they must be pretty weird. Also rolling is hard unless u have a machine, and home made gravity bongs work pretty great.

15. Hopefully they're not. And the YouTube's videos make it seem easier, at least for a blunt. J's look hard af. I saw some homemade bong videos, i might try that if my friends like the idea.

16. #16 bigcat13, Apr 21, 2015
    sharing a blunt for the first time you smoke is a great experience, and I'd imagine it would be much more effective than rolling 3 joints especially with lack of experience

you get the nice 2 wraps too in case one breaks, or in case you need one for later [​IMG]

i'd press you to make them share something with you, idk why but 3 guys all smoking their own joint the first time they're smoking some pot just sounds like it wouldn't be as enjoyable. you know, like share the experience and say fuck it, have a good time.

i like the communal, close relationship with some of my buddies I smoke with I think is what I mean to say, and you dont get that when everyones trying to be all stingy and germophobic about how much and how they get it.

Yeah, it's a lot easier for a blunt.

I found an easy way for j's though, and I still use it: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZddWHCMP5jU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl_Xf8-DROE

Videos are the same idea, just showing with and without a filter.

18. Yea, it seems like a fun experience. Only problem i see is its 2 guys and 1 girl, and idk if the girl really wants to share the same blunt with us. XD When you refer to two wraps, what product are you referring to?

19. #19 bigcat13, Apr 21, 2015
    maybe not, but a lot of the girls I smoke with have no problem with it, but it could be us potheads with lower boundaries, but hey whats life without a few inhibitions thrown out the door

that product, go to a gas station and ask the guy at the counter for a pack of swisher sweets or zig zags and hell hand you a pack of 2 cigars for $.99  (theres a ton of other brands like white owl, and everyones got their own opinion on which is best)

then you cut that cigar open and get on with your party

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/325455-how-roll-perfect-bluntlots-pictures.html

thats a pretty great guide if you need some help and something to refer to.

good guide to making your own joint rolling machine as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gd436N1Sw4

20. That makes it look really easy! Thank you! Do gas station still sell Zig Zags tho, i thought they got outlawed. (I don't use any tobacco products so i'm not familiar in this area either)
    Thank You so much, that looks like it will help, the dollar bill way looks really easy.