Second grow- Blue Dream CFL Closet grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by txag, Apr 20, 2015.

1. #81 Shagnus, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    Hey man, sub'd to see how things go! May the weed gods bless you! Im mainly here for your avatar though.

2. #82 txag, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    Sorry for the brief hiatus, I have been out of town for the past 5 days.  Quick update:  I switched from LST after becoming intrigued by an article I read on mainlining.  Here is where I am on my main lining.

IMG_7802.JPG IMG_7803.JPG

I topped again to create 4 colas.  I'm trying to decide if I willl leave it at 4, or top once more to get 8.  I also have another seed germing, in case my mainline experiment is a male.  What do you guys think?

3. Few more pics.  Hoping the new bean sprouts tomorrow.  Germed in shot glass for 8 hours, put in soil last night.   FullSizeRender-1.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg

4. Lookin nice and a proper start man!

5. Bean sprouted yesterday, and is looking good.  BD still coming along.  will be topping her for the final time within a few days (topping at the second node on the 4 mains).  Just waiting for them to grow a little bit more.  heres a pic from right after tiedown today and one of the baby 
    IMG_7271.jpg
    IMG_7270.jpg

Looking good, I had some mutation on my BD also, mainly on new growth right after topping.  Some of the leaves got down to 4 fingers.

6. 12 hours later, shes looking straight back up.  Went ahead and topped to 8, probably should have waited a few days.

5:25 (1).jpg 5:25.jpg

7. Txag you started all over again?

8. No, I just switched my training method from LST to main lining.  I read an article about it and was curious, so I stood my plant back up straight and topped two more times to create 8 colas.  Here is a link to the guide I used if you want to check main lining out 
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/mainlining-nugbuckets

9. Interesting. But the mainlining seem to halt the grow alot? 

10. Few pics from today.  Will probably switch to 12/12 once all 8 tops get to 3 or 4 nodes (trying to keep height down due to limited penetration of cfls).  Also a pic of the youngster.  Trying to decide if I will put the seedling under its own veg lighting or leave it and let it flower when ready.  Would love to hear what yall think!
    IMG_7409.jpg IMG_7397.jpg

11. not any more than fim'ing or topping would.  It would probably work better in a hydro setup, as the plant would recover faster.  Also, HID's would speed up recovery time

12. So you are either going to veg out the baby plant more or flower it almost immediately? I say veg. 

13. I agree, just trying to figure out where to veg.  Ive read about people going 12/12 from seed so I know it can work, although Im sure yield would be wayyyy lower.  Plus it would only be one plant competing for light etc etc.  May not matter if the blue dream is a male.  Is there any way that I can force sex at this point? 

14. #95 Grass boy, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    If you growing on the same day as me, you probably will be able to tell the sex in few weeks time. I think continue to veg will be a better option. As few weeks more of patience can really give a big different in result.
    If you switch to flower to determine the sex, I believe it will stunt growth for a while due to stress and when you start veg again, it stunt again. There also some risk of hermies. The time add up to be almost the same as waiting.

You know when you grow these, usually I want it to grow as fast as it can. And don't like the idea of halting growth. But of course should not affect the yield. I not professional grower, so maximum yield is a privilege and not a must as long as it is not pathetic I am happy . Just my penny worth thought.

Here re how my babies are doing.
    They are not very tall actually but still bushy and a few potential budding site (counted 8). So I am happy.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Does anyone know how a healthy leaves should feel like? Because some of my leaves feel soft and wet. But some rough and dryer, some are soggy and but they all look healthy green and no deficiency issue.

15. I agree about halting growth- generally.  But in mainlining I halted growth 3 times when I topped.  I feel like it will increase yield enough to make the extra time worth it. 

16. 42 days out of soil, and the new tops are starting to take off.  I'm hoping someone can help me decide how much longer to veg.  I want my colas somewhat short due to my light penetration.  I was thinking at 3-5 nodes each... figuring doubling during stretch, that would be 24-40 total nodes.
    View attachment 1785719
    View attachment 1785717

heres a pic of my first plant at 46 days.... apparently i learned something the first go round, look at the difference in the main stems lol

bd0c43f3.jpg

17. Hmm like 2 more months my man...whats your light set up...it looks like they need way more light

18. 46 days?! my plants look like that around 2 weeks veg. Definitely need more light. I use CFLs as well.

19. My girls at day 35..Girl Scout cookie and Blue Dream

Attached Files: