Second grow- Blue Dream CFL Closet grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by txag, Apr 20, 2015.

1. #41 New Destination, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    They should still recover from the top, topping just stresses the plant a bit, so they take a while to recover.

This is why I prefer to LST, very little stress.

2. 21 days out of soil.  A few pics from today.  New growth is finally starting where I topped.  Growth is still kind of slow, but the stalk is starting to thicken up so I think some growth may be coming soon [​IMG]

IMG_7629.jpg
    IMG_7630.jpg
    IMG_7631.jpg

3. Beefed up my reflector and added 2 more lights.  now at 9600 lumens

IMG_7639.jpg IMG_7640.jpg

4. Looking good man...topping slows growth for about a week after that she'll bust open with life..I have Blue Dream growjng myself keep it uon

5. Ran into a problem.  Noticed this spot on the leaf yesterday, ph'd and was sitting at 7.8... Flushed and lowered it back down to 6.5... hopefully it'll be alright 

IMG_7650.JPG
    IMG_7651.JPG
    IMG_7655.jpg

6. Also found browning on the leaf edges and on the very tips of a few leaves.  i think the culprit may be a combo of overwatering and nute burn.  Some input would be great

7. I would back off the watering a little bit. And the only nutes I would add would be a small amount of worm castings. 

8. So my hunch of overwatering/nute burn was right? Feels pretty good if so, lol like im learning something [​IMG]

And as far as the worm castings, do I just mix them in with the soil?

As always, thanks for your help, ND... Seems like grows dont get much traction till flowering... Glad at least somebody is on this ride with me [​IMG]

9. I let my plants just start to get dry then water a little, sprinkle and evenly mix the worm castings on the top layer of soil, then water again. I love growing it through all stages, but I agree, most people only like flowering. :)

10. #50 txag, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    okay, now something else is wrong... Is it possible cal/mag lockout?  Wondering if the ph meter i have is shit.  going to get a soil test kit tomorrow.  ND where ya at?!? [​IMG]

IMG_7664.jpg IMG_7665.jpg IMG_7666.jpg IMG_7667.jpg IMG_7668.jpg

11. Maybe get that soil test. Do you mix any Dolomite Lime in with your mix?

12. Okay, so I got a different ph meter, and I think i found (part) of the problem... my tap water's ph is 7.6   Bottled is 6.6.  I picked up some lime today, but havent mixed it in yet.  How do I go about doing this, and how much do I use if my plant is in a 1 gal pot?  I also bought some fish emulsion ferts 

13. I typically premix all my holes with it in it because I believe it takes a while to work. I just mixed mine in with everything else. If I were to add the lime on now, I would crush it up into a powder and add it like the worm castings. I would add a small amount, such as a small handful, then go from there. I used fish emulsion last year for a little bit too. 

I appreciate following your grow and love how you just go for it, IMO that is the best way to learn. 

14. #54 CfLedDirtee, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    You could also get a pH powder for fish tanks this will give u a guide on how much to use to lower your pH according to how high it currently is.... Its very gentle and non toxic to the plants great way for beginners to get pH in check without making thins possibly worse

PS it can also be usednto up pH if its too lol

15. #55 txag, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    I agree. It's easy to see a problem, post a pic, and do what youre told to correct it.  When you try and figure it out yourself, you get a better understanding of WHY it works/doesnt.  I think it helps a lot in the long run, and with bagseed it's not the end of the world if it dies... I've got more beans and i'll pop another in if things dont work out.  I'm tossing around the idea of building a 3 gal bubble bucket... I've found all the stuff sans nutes for ~$10 total.  I think I will try that next time around.  And the lime I bought is in a powder.  I worked 1.5 tbsp into the top few inches of soil.  As far as telling if my plant is doing better, the new growth will tell the story, right?  Once it starts coming out not burned up or twisted should be a good sign in the right direction?
    Thanks! I'll check it out

16. Next time, if you can, I would mix dr earth's potting mix, dr earths planting mix, perlite, dolomite lime, and rock dust if you can afford it. If you mix it and let it sit a few months while mixing it every few weeks, your plants will love it. 

17. I'll def be doing something else next time... No more MG for me

18. Just subbed up, I'm a newbie grower and just read through your thread and learned some new things thanks to the awesome replies! Looking good so far, can't wait to follow along!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Glad to have you along for the ride!  Do you have a link to your grow?