Second grow- Blue Dream CFL Closet grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by txag, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Wasnt planning on getting anything else... What else do you recommend?

2. And New Destination, what would you guess is causing the yellowing @ the leaf edges?

3. Goodluck and keep us postedd!

4. Could be your soil mix. I would recommend getting either a bag of dr earths planting or potting mix and mixing that with your perlite. Transplant the plant into that and it should do much better. Of course you can alwaya add more to the soil like glacial rock dust, kelp meal, crab meal, and some more worm castings, but the dr eath/perlite mix is great for the price.

The yellowing should correct itself after a while in the new mix/bigger container.

I love following your progress though so thank you for updating :)

5. since it is possible to re-veg, could I go 12/12 until sex is revealed and then proceed depending on sex?  
    I plan on LST or SCRoG but am afraid that it would take away from the bushiness i desire.....

6. I would let it grow a little while longer before 12/12

7. Will be transplanting tomorrow... some stuff came up w/ work.  Will post pics after she* has been in new home for 24 hours.

Awesome!  I figured it wouldnt be too serious, since not much time has passed for there to be a nute def. 

My pleasure! Thanks for following.  The feedback is the whole reason I post!

8. #28 txag, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    Transplanted this afternoon into a 3:1 ratio of soil:perlite.  Using a 1 gal pot until 1 day before 12/12.  Still yellow tinge to 1st set of leaves, and cotyledons are turning yellow.  

IMG_7463.JPG
    IMG_7464.JPG

9. #29 txag, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    11 days out of soil.  3rd set of leaves emerging.  Old growth is still yellow, but new growth is looking healthy to me

IMG_7484.JPG

10. First 5-Fingers are here!  What do you guys think? 
    4:30.png

11. Nice progress, I find that mine grow pretty slow until about that point, then they seem to take off.

Cant wait to see more.

12. I also doubled my lighting situation.  Looking into a way to get double what I have now.  Plant not in picture because I put her outside during the day to save on electricity.
    IMG_7524.JPG

13. 16 days out of soil. Things are (finally) starting to move faster.  Added another set of 5's since wednesday and a new set is coming.  Also starting to get growth at nodes [​IMG]  The yellowing seems to have stopped.  I have a theory that it was caused due to the plant being too deep relative to the top of the pot, and it was getting an extreme "greenhouse effect".  I'd like to hear yall's thoughts on that.

5:2(1).jpg
    5:2.jpg

14. #34 txag, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
    Heres a side by side of the last 3 days! She* is about 3.5" wide & about 2.5" tall.  
    4:29.jpg 5:2(1).jpg

15. Pic from this morning
    5:3.JPG

16. Started LST today.  Also upgraded my reflector.  Using an entertainment center that I built a replacement shelf for with plywood.  
    IMG_7557.jpg IMG_7558.jpg IMG_7559.jpg IMG_7568.jpg IMG_7569.jpg IMG_7570.jpg

17. Looking good, I like to LST mine at times too.

When mine get that big, I add a small amount of worm castings in with the watering.

[​IMG]

18. I saw worm castings at lowes today, glad you mentioned that.  How much per unit of water do you use?  And my PH is between 6.5 & 7.0.  What can I do to bring it down?  I also tried to top today, but I think I screwed up and it was more of a FIM.  I also think she was too small to top.... What do you think? Will it be alright?
    IMG_7578.jpg
    IMG_7579.jpg
    IMG_7580.jpg

19. I add a very small handful to plants your size.

I don't top, just lst. However, it will be fine and recover.

20. Heres a few pics from this morning.  My topping attempt seems to have slowed growth quite a bit... Hopefully it will be okay.  Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    IMG_7607.jpg
    IMG_7608.jpg
    IMG_7609.jpg