Swapping bowls on a oil rig?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by grungeoff, Apr 20, 2015.

1. #2 beenstoned, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    You would have to clean it every time you switched between flower and oil. FYI

idk about your actual question

2. If the bowl joint itself is female, yes.

You don't have to clean it everytime, it does get dirty faster, however, but it works fine either way.

I will sometimes do a dab and then turn around and start smoking a bowl off my "rig". Works the exact same, just the joints are switched. I also have normal joints that I use domeless nails in. I like it so I have the option to dab or just have a normal smoke sesh from any of my water pipes (minus the ones without glass on glass joints, of course).

3. I would say that dabbing then smoking a bowl of flower is alright, but I wouldn't inhale vapor through a piece just used for flower.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don't see what difference it would make, as long as your piece altogether isn't dirty it will all be the same in the end. Does it actually change the makeup of the smoke at all or is that just your preference?

And I believe the picture below should clarify the type of bowl OP is looking for. Mine's actually an 18/19, but I know for a fact they make 14's.

To OP: If this looks like what you had in mind, then YES, it will most definitely work for both oil and flower sessions.

Attached Files:

5. When I clean my bong I can hit it freely with out bud with no taste other than air.
    After one bowl I can't stand the taste unless I'm smoking a bowl.

I don't like THAT taste in my vapor hits. Thats why I clean my bubbler when I use it for flower. It's just preference really

• Like Like x 2
  6. That's what I was trying to clarify. The concentrates that my shop sells are packed full of terpene's so the shatter I have access to is pretty strong in taste. I don't typically notice the flower taste in the water unless it's been a day or so since it's been cleaned- a day usually means it's been smoked out of, lol. I have quite a few water pieces so I avoid switching them up throughout the day- keeps them clean a bit longer, slightly less maintenance. Opposed to cleaning 4 water pieces every other day, I try and keep it around 1 or 2.

Like you said, all preference really :p

7. It's actually more of a pain in the ass, I wish I could put a flower bowl in my bubbler for a hit and then switch to a nail later without having to clean it. Luckily I have enough glass for designated services Haha.

That's exactly what I had in mind. Brilliant, cheers for the replies guys.

9. i would get 2 pieces. 1 for each. vapor from a bong thats been used for flower it tastes like chewing on a dirty resin ball. 

10. If you dab and cant notice a taste diffrence from a clean bong and a bong that has had flower smoked from it then your oil isn't as "terpy" as you think