Making compound crossbow. Need Help with makin it look sweet

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by catfish cruising, Apr 20, 2015.

1. #1 catfish cruising, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    I want this thing to look sick. Just looking for some ideas on making my crossbow look tactical and high teck. Here is my rough templete i hand drew on cardboardand cut out and spray painted . The colour of the template is the same color im going to paint the actual stock

I have copied a design for the trigger mechanism off google. I am getting a few 10mm thick stainless triggers geting made up from my specific design. Once its made up il show hiw it works if anyones intrested.

To actuallymake the stock when i have a design i am happy with and all the bow limbs and other atahments made up, i will simply placing the template on a sheet of 25mm thick high quality ply wood and cutout two exact copys.

I will then have to do an internal checkout for instilation of the trigger mechinisim exactly the same on both peices of ply. Then install the trigger system on one peice then epoxy the two ply cutouts together and clamp for 24 hrs.

Now i start shaping it out with a rasp, files and sand paper. I have a good idea on how ill do all the contours and general shaping and keeping it even. Then ill start adding rails for arrows and bow limbs and cam systems ive designd and built myself. When i say cam systems, its going to be a compound crossbow. A compound bow uses a cam system.

Its not my first bow ive ever made but it will be my first crossbow

But yeh im making progress this is only day 2 in my spare time after work and any ideas would be apreciated. Id say this will take 1-3 weeks

Attached Files: