Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Adding Alcohol to cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by final824, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Anyone ever hear of or tried adding a shot or two of everclear to cannabutter while it simmers to help increase the absorption of THC or is it just a stupid idea.

2. "I think"

The alcohol will evaporate during the simmering process. I've never tried it, but I just can't imagine anything useful coming from that.

3. It's a bad idea.  There are things you can add to increase bioavailability.  I suggest reading some of the stickies about making butter.  I know they're long, but just skim through.  The important stuff should be near the beginning.  Also there are videos on YouTube.  I'm sure you know how to make butter, but for things to add to make it better.

4. silly alchies[​IMG]

5. Do you have evidence that butter fails to extract the cannabinoids, such that it would need additional help from alcohol?