Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Make Your Own Cannabis Butter The Easy Way With A MOTA POT

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Capitalmonger, Apr 19, 2015.

1. #1 Capitalmonger, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
    We are always searching for new edibles to add to our website. We just discovered the MOTA POT and thought others might like to know about it because you can make your own cannabis butter in about 10 minutes with it. There are 2 websites where you can find it: motapot.com and eatcannables.com! We have no interest in either website and we have not tried the MOYA POT but it seems handy enough...

2. #2 PatrickXy6dC, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    On the website- motapot.com (the other address didn't work)  they didn't give any information about how the pot works.  I am skeptical of anything that says it will make butter in ten minutes, even if decarbed.

I wonder if this is like a stovetop espresso maker?

Thanks for the heads up,  mate

I looked at the website again and it is a stovetop espresso maker.  It was $50 on the website.
    I tried to email them and to contact the company from their web page- neither worked.

I know I read in this forum awhile back somebody suggested using a stovetop espresso maker for making butter.  It's an interesting concept, but I sure don't want to use any weed to find out.  They must have re designed the pot for butter rather than water going through the grounds/cannabis.

The coffee maker works like this- you put water   in the bottom container up to the pressure relief valve.  There is a funnel shaped strainer that you fill with coffee that fits snugly on top.  Then you screw the receiving pot on top of that.  You turn on the stove, the water gets hot and percolates up through the grounds.  It's not like a percolator and the liquid only goes one way- up into the collection part of the pot.  The butter wouldn't go through the cannabis more than once.  This is unless they have completely redesigned the pot.  I don't think they have because 10 minutes is how long it takes to make coffee.

3. I purchased a 20.00 (canada) expresso maker. Made 1/4 pound of butter with 5g of decent bud and made the most delicious brownies. I ran my butter water mix thru the herb in the expresso maker twice because i was paranoid about how short the cooking time was and wanted to catch any leftover thc.
    End result was me eating a huge chunk of brownie with chocolate chips and marshmellow that tasted like heaven and was followed with a nice mellow high. Next up i will be trying coconut oil in my knock off mota pot then i will follow up tring to make keif butter with it as well. I will write a reciew once i have tried.
    All and all i would say its a great and quick way to make butter.. just maybe not worth the extra money to have the MOTA POT logo.

• Like Like x 1