Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much does a gram of kief go for in your area

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by motion, Apr 19, 2015.

1. #1 motion, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
    How much have you bought a gram of kief for and where.

Only post if you have actually bought kief, not if you are just estimating how much it would go for where you're at.

2. #2 RollinGanja, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
    I use to press and sell kief pucks to my friends a couple years back and sold it from 20-25 a g and although people stick with the weed since it's cheaper the people that did buy the pucks weren't disappointed.

Keep in mind we're in Texas so the price seemed fair at the time

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...

3. £10 ($15) for 2 grams.

4. Never heard of anyone selling keif before.  Even if they were I don't see the point in buying it...my 2 cents, not like you asked for it though. :)

5. It's mainly for convenience, instead of putting grams on grams in your grinder over an extended period of time to get anywhere near a gram of keif you can just buy it off your guy or friend at that moment for a gram of already pressed and easily transportable keif.

Wraaaap the night around me, blanket of black on my back, I feel safe in the darkness...

6. Ya I've never seen anyone selling kief but the legal dispensaries here in Washington that sell weed for 15-20 a gram sell kief for 40 a gram. I'd say about 2x the price of whatever weed goes for seems about right.

7. Someone sold me 2oz of "hash" one time that ended up being 2oz of pressed kief, think I paid $400 you can do the math if you want.

8. 10 bucks ( BC Canada)

9. Dispensaries here in CO sell it for around 20 a gram, not too bad for supercharging your bowl pack. The dispensary Briargate Wellness has a thing, where your first 3 visits you get member pricing and a little bonus.. first visit is something like buy an eighth, get an eighth for $5, second visit you get a gram of kief for a penny, and the third visit is 60% off your total price, to encourage a big purchase. That gram of kief lasted me awhile! And the little vial it came in gets compliments anytime o bust it out, kind of neat. Still use to stash the shit from my grinder.

10. #10 lxxf, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    I'm pretty sure this is a very niche thing and shouldn't even really be a question, it isn't something dealers usually do and i'm sure less than half the dispensaries in the world deal in kief. It just doesn't make sense from a business point of view when you can make more money from product that's easier to store & is in higher demand.
    If someone tried selling me kief i'd slap it out their hand, stomp on it and run away with my ass showing. It's sketchy. Anyone buying straight up kief is sketchy too and a bit desperate.

11. I agree it's definitely a niche thing and most dispensaries don't do it, I think I've seen maybe 2 or 3 out of the 25+ I've checked out here in The Springs, CO. But from a business point, it's smart for when you consider that the bottom of the bags the stores order are coated in kief, and when the growers are done working with the plants each day their gloves are absolutely lined in the stuff. All they have to do is scrape off the gloves and bag bottoms and they can sell it instead of tossing it away. Not in high demand, but hey its money for the guys who want turbocharged bowls with ______ strain kief on top. I'd do it of I was a manager, possibly in the fashion that Briargate does, as an enticement deal for new customers. I was pleased.

If a random street dealer offered me kief, I agree I wouldn't fuck with it. But from a store, sure. :D

that's like saying weed is a niche thing and grasscity shouldnt be a thing.

think before you post

13. $40 per gram of crumble..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. That's not keif! Just sayin

15. I can find shitty kief for $5 a gram or super stinky potent kief for about $50.

Big difference in color smell and texture. The good shit is silky in touch, while shitty local kief is green and gritty (likely from leaf matter).

16. About 2-3x the price of daaankk

Sent from my LG-D160 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. They pay me $35 bucks a gram to take the kief off their hands for em

thanks m8s

19. Kief is in no way niche. It's there in weed anyway, getting you high just the same, whether you recognize it or not. 

I've gotten it mostly in the $10-20 range at medical spots in WA over the last few years, though I've seen it sold sometimes for around twice that (usually just split and sold in half grams). My go-to spot for it, though, sells good kief for $10 a gram all day, every day. I don't hit many dispensaries anymore because I grow enough for myself, but the dude who supplies the kief for that spot is so consistent with the quality that I'll make an exception to my own rule sometimes.

20. That was a joke, 15$ a g