Help with Growroom Construction

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by landsley, Apr 19, 2015.

1. I am looking for purchasing advice on lights, fans, and ballasts.  I am re-purposing a wardrobe that is 4' wide, 2' deep, and 7' tall into a grow room.  Because it isn't square I was thinking 2- 250W MH/HPS lights instead of one 400W or 600W.  I'm just trying to find the most cost effective way of lighting and ventilating this area.  Any advice?  Cheers and thanks!

2. Id paint it flat white , hang a 600w hid 4"extraction ( 5" may be better if using a carbon filter ) , passive intake , let it run for a day or two to monitor temps and rh% , once running at good temp wack two plants in n off you go

3. Yeah, the cost of a 250w ballast isnt much less than a 600w ballast, so just buy 1 of higher wattage.
    With good reflective walls and a decent hood, you could do 2 plants side by side with plenty of room to let them grow..

4. Sounds great guys!  Thank you!

5. i know those gavita lights are wonderful. more efficient than other HPS setups from what im told. and its all one unit, light and ballast, and adjustable. pricy, but quality. but they get hot and you are going to need some ducting maybe and an inline fan to circulate the air.

but also even more efficient are the LED setups, and with just one in a closet ill bet you could get away with a small oscillating fan. those LED systems run much cooler than any HPS lights.

put that silver reflective paper up on the wall to maximize lighting, and move em around from time to time to make sure all the green leaves are photosynthesizing. 

http://www.gavita-holland.com/index.php/products/proline/item/gavita-pro-1000-de.html

6. Def go with the affore mentioned. 600w cooled hood, white paint or panda passive intake fan size or amount depend if you wanna cool the light alone or run a 1 fan system.

7. #7 Davenport-guy, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
    I am new but handy this will be my screen when I switch to my tent 12/12. All the parts were bought at Menards 25 bucks I think. I have a parts list and the sizes to cut your PVC and the parts needed. 24x32 screen

Attached Files:

8. Nice. You could drill tiny little pin holes all the way around that PVC frame, then install a threaded T-fitting somewhere and thread in a remote line for a paintball gun and every so often, shut off the fans and blast co2 through it..