Growroom Construction. Need Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by landsley, Apr 19, 2015.

1. I am looking for purchasing advice on lights, fans, and ballasts.  I am re-purposing a wardrobe that is 4' wide, 2' deep, and 7' tall into a grow room.  Because it isn't square I was thinking 2- 250W MH/HPS lights instead of one 400W or 600W.  I'm just trying to find the most cost effective way of lighting and ventilating this area.  Any advice?  Cheers and thanks!

2. Personally, I would go with a single 400 or 600 with a light rail/mover.

I believe that light movers are the most under appreciated piece of growing equipment, that can pay for itself in a single grow.

Besides improving the coverage area, the light hits the plants at different angles as it moves back and forth. That increases the efficiency of photosynthesis.

My veg tent is just a little larger than 2x4, and I'm currently using a stationary 500w (actual wattage) LED panel. I'm in the process of replacing it with a 325w LED panel on a light rail. I'm already using a light rail in my flowering room with a 325w LED panel (plus a skylight to let sunlight in). I will switch that for the 500w panel after I convert the veg tent.

3. I have two closets that are about the same size, but I only use 2x2 in each closet. At todays prices, there is not much difference in price between 250w 400w and 600w. If it was me trying to cover 2x4 I would definitely go with one 600w. Too many reasons for my advice, but buying two 250mh is a bad idea for many reasons including price. Don't know much about light rails, but if they are not too expensive that is an excellent idea, but certainly not needed in the small space you are working with. It's a proven fact, no doubt about it that you can grow medicinal quality top shelf pot with a 600w in a reasonable area like 2x4. If you run into problems, you will at least know you had more than enough light. Best way to ventilate is leave the door open when the lights are on and stealth is not an issue. And a cheap fan.

4. Thanks so much both of you. Will definitely look for a single ligh. Price is definitely a factor so many many thankSo! !