UK General Election 2015 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MissBonnieBud, Apr 19, 2015.

1. #1 MissBonnieBud, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
    I could be wrong, but i could not find a thread discussing the upcoming UK General election on 07/04/2015. Seems like a big political event and surprised that there isn't one, but anyway. 

For those of you who a less involved with British Politics, the main parties and leaders are:

Labour - Ed Miliband 
    Conservatives - David Cameron
    Liberal Democrats - Nick Clegg
    UKIP - Nigel Farage
    SNP - Nicola Sturgeon
    Green Party - Natalie Bennett
    Plaid Cymru - Leanne Wood (Wales)

There was a live debate recently and Nigel Farage was boo'ed by the crowd whilst discussing his strict immigration policy and stance on the NHS. He then vocally claimed that the pre-selected crowd were all left wing, therefore being against him. 
    Stugreon was applauded for the way she handled herself and some claimed that she, 'won' the debate. I wasn't too sure, seemed like the ladies tended to team up against the men, i.e Miliband. 

Who are you voting for and why? I'm still on the bench between two parties. 

2. For me there is no debate

[​IMG]

I think i may agree with you. Things are not looking good... You from England? If so, how are things looking down there? 

4. #4 Lenny., Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    I am not from England so I don't know how things are looking there. Last I heard Labour is leading the Tories in England.   

5. Labour will win by a small margin. It will be a minority government. And UKIP's rising numbers will make headlines.

The end.

6. Vote for a Jedi, just write 'Jedi' on the ballot.

7. UKIP make a good protest vote if you're fed up with the others but really they're a collective of cunts. Nigel is a fuckin legend tho

Anyone who isn't an idiot can probably see that life for the majority of us would be better under labour.

8. Nigel makes me laff sometimes,like the duke of edin (queens husband).
    Having said that, although they make me laff i wouldnt want them running a country.

Like noddz said there all cunts of the highest order,and everyone is on a fucking huge power trip.

Also we all know it doesn't matter who's in power the real powet is with the civil service.been running this nation for centuries.

9. #9 MissBonnieBud, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    Probably true, but hopefully not under Miliband. 

10. He's a goofy fucker i will admit but i really don't see how he's any worse than the rest of the tailor-made suit wearing showmen known as modern politicians. A party leader is just a figurehead. I'd rather see labour's policies implemented than any of the other parties, so i'd rather have ed as pm, given the circumstances. It's all bullshit anyway but my life would be easier under labour and i couldnt give a fuck about anything that doesnt affect me or my peers.

11. Let's go UKIP.

12. Nigel the banker with the german missus lol

13. we love you nige

[​IMG]

14. #14 MissBonnieBud, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    I've spoken to people who would enjoy seeing Boris Johnson in charge for a day or two. 
    EDIT: I don't think i've ever heard him say a fully coherent sentence..

15. I don't like any of them, so I won't be voting. Farage is an immigrant-scapegoating cunt. David Cameron is just an old-etonian douchebag who is in power because powerful people put him there. Ed miliband is a weird moron who would allow himself to get bullied in any international negotiation (his brother would have been much better). Natalie Bennett can't even hold it together in a local radio interview. Good ol' nick clegg is probably the best option, but the lib dems are gonna lose too many seats to have any real power. Nicky sturgeon objects to allowing english MPs to vote on english-only issues because she's a power hungry bitch with her eyes on a westminster coalition (probably with ed). Nobody gives a shit about Plaid Cymru. 

16. Thats pretty much summed them all up.lol

You forgot about the "cannabis is better than alcohol"party

Prolly not fielding a candidate in my area or I'd vote for them.

17. Cant stand him.does not even live in the real world.

All those westminister lot couldn't give a shit about anything other than london.

18. I think the BBC should just make this their election summary.

19. #19 forty winks, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    Saw this bit on the Canadian news -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDZm9_uKtyo

The response -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epXsMRfHiXs

20. If Miliband becomes PM, 

RIP Britain