Opinions on led lights. advanced xml350 vs budmaster g.o.d vs Lush dominator 2x vs kind xl750++

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by lightworker30, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Thanx alot Sade,Icemud and Realstyles:)
    Best of wishes to all of you :)

Ive still not deceided but i'll probably go for amare until i trust my own soldering and stuff enough to build my own.
    The cree cxb's look awesome but i think both my wife and my insurance company would prefer a rohs ce and so on certified :)

2. It's all good but my panels at 413 watts does a 138,000 lumens at 8" away and way better than Amare and I don't want to a video like this from you with the aAmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6-7z3TZ-QE

Lol

3. That i did not understand.
    Amare uses cree cxa's and uvb reptile bulb and im sure they soon use cxb.
    And lumens is not all as i guess you know, ill rather go for 1500micromoles at 12-18inches even spread than alot of lumens. If i search only lumens ill go for philips son t master hps.
    Peace

4. it's 2796 umols at 8"s. I'm now blocked from the Mars thread because of my video

5. Nice, oh no they blocked you. What a loss for you. :)
    Im banned on 420mag forum cause mars is a sponsor there and i told the truth about mars, lol. So since mars is a sponsor we have to say oh yeah mars is very good! No way. I tell the truth, sponsors are not escaping my lense when i tell about a product.
    Oh and i didnt see any video, my phone is living its own life so i have to see if i find it now.. stay strong.
    Respect

6. Awesome video. :)

7. Yo realstyles can you help me sourcing and selecting components to make a cree diy. I certainly dont want vero as i trust the most in cree.

I want to build a panel for a 3 x 3 x 6 feet high tent.
    So how many cree cxb,what type and what drivers ++ and where to order from would be highly appreciated.

I just read there are some reflector clip on or something that relives me from soldering on the leds myself... ??? Peace

8. Oh and a circa price would be lovely too

9. Sure no problem

10. I'm sure he will find you 700$ worth of parts. Hope your time is free.

11. You can bad mouth Mars all day if youd like. Hang whatever light you choose and lets have a grow off.

12. I know you are upset but it was my light not yours. You act like I went and smashed your light but it was mine. I didn't smash the 1600's they are for sale. I won't sell them to any of my friends. Grow off it wouldn't even be fair my lights are better here's pics tomorrow will be the start of week 3 of flower

SAM_0492.JPG

And there is only 4 plants in this pic running only 372 watts also starting week 3 tomorrow

SAM_0493.JPG

13. Lol. Too funny comparing mars almost market leading in low par readings too one of cree's highest output diodes and invite to a growoff.
    Yeah a candlelight and a flashlight from the 50s can also light a plant and sure some think they got good results of that until they discover what a good led brand can do

14. Icemud,hello btw. Ive seen some videos of you and i would really like to know what par readinga you got for xte compared to mars?
    Actually you was one of the first persons who got me beliving in led technology.
    Peace

15. #35 Icemud, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    Well even though I can not directly compare them since the mars was about 180w draw, and the XTE 300 was about 250W draw, so an equal comparison isn't possible, here are my numbers....you can also watch each test on my youtube channel.

(note.... the apogee is a great reference tool, but for LED measurements, the readings can be off and underestimated by a good 5-15% depending on the wavelengths used and quantity of the diodes in the deep red and deep blue regions)...Advanced LED actually did a comparison of the XTE 200 vs the Mars II 400 which both have about equal draw...so I will include that below.

IMG_20150507_171555.jpg
    Advanced LED XTE 300 using a Apogee MQ200 quantum meter. 250w Draw (all measurements in micromoles/m2/s-1)

6"    didn't test
    12"  1372
    18"  1000
    24"   675
    36"   405
    48"   288

DSC07567.JPG
    Mars Hydro 144x3w reflector  using a Apogee MQ200 quantum meter. 280w Draw (all measurements in micromoles/m2/s-1)

6"    804
    12"  461
    18"  320
    24"   didn't measure
    36"   didn't measure
    48"   didn't measure

DSC07539.JPG
    Mars II 400w model, using a Apogee MQ200 quantum meter. 180w Draw (all measurements in micromoles/m2/s-1)

6"   1668
    12"  866
    18"  443
    24"   272
    36"   didn't measure
    48"   didn't measure

IMG_0019.JPG
    Intelligent Gro's 180w, using a Apogee MQ200 quantum meter. 180w Draw (all measurements in micromoles/m2/s-1)

6"    1995
    12"   962
    18"   505
    24"   354
    36"   didn't measure
    48"   didn't measure

EGysYO4eze0GNENtky19gu3eu6lG6UsQ4yKDeE9LR5s__66005.1410917357.1280.1280.jpg
    Advanced LED (All blue) EX-VEG 200w, using a Apogee MQ200 quantum meter. 200w Draw (all measurements in micromoles/m2/s-1)

6"    2163
    12"   1442
    18"   didn't measure
    24"   656
    36"   420
    48"   didn't measure

As you can see from the comparison, both Advanced LED panels put out more light and it carries a further distance than other panels in the same wattage draw category.

Here are advanced's numbers using I believe a licor meter which is much more accurate than mine is.
    ds-xte-300-infographic-update.jpg

And here is Advanced LED's DS 200 vs the Mars II
    comparison-ds-200-vs-mars.png

16. #36 Peflora, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
    Hey Ice. Good on you, BUT, umoles/m^ means the four corners as well as directly below

Most lights read pretty well directly under, but the proof of the pudding is how well the light spreads in the corners.

It will be much harder (likely impossible) to get those readings from rectangular panels

17. I 100% agree with you, its all about the PPFD across a 4x4 area to really tell the true story, the center panel measurements I provided is only providing peak PPFD center panel. With LED it is all about how the light spreads across the growing area, and for the most part, most LED's don't come close to HID in this aspect, with the exception of some of the designs like spider which spread out the LED emmiter surface area.

18. HS1 series. My plan is to get 4 also. 3 to go lol.

19. The KIND works good with the added UV/IR but at 430watts for an actual coverage area of 2ft6x3ft6 is too much. They say its a direct replacement for 750hps. NO NO NO 500watt HID =. My 750 will be in the veg tent in the next month or so! Here are results of couple runs with it. At $1250 its only worth 8 to 900. Out of your choices! I would choose the K5 because of the optics/UV/IR used. The par #s on the k5 are off the charts but its very ineffieient at what it does. Just my opinion. I would never buy another KIND! Hope this helps because there are way better options out there. Hope ya all enjoy! HoneyBananas/GummyBears/StrawBerryBananas/707TruthBand!

Attached Files:

20. I bought a solar storm 880. Is that a veg light as well?