Nutrient feeding

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jkillivory21, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Anybody able to help me with some organic nutrient feedings ? Im a week in from sprout and looking at feeding my auto purple seedlings

2. What are they planted in?

3. Organic soil and manure with perlite
    Organic soil and manure with humas and perlite

4. Any chance of telling us what kind of organic soil?

It sounds like you'll be transplanting into a 1 gallon pot or similar at some point soon, and then into a larger pot. Is there any chance of picking up a small sack of kelp meal and a few other dry organic fertilizers, and perhaps a little bag of worm castings to mix directly in?

J

5. I'll have to ask my buddy. He gave me it in a 5gallon bucket I just mixed in perlite, manure and humas.

6. If you were to do as I suggested, you won't need to supplement with bottled fertilizers. Instead, you'll just need to keep the soil moist with good ol' tap water from start to finish throughout the grow.

Good luck -

J

7. He said it was earthgro ? Clue about it. But what all nutrients would you recommend? Here is one at 8 days old uploadfromtaptalk1429473635773.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1429473890841.jpg
    Ment no clue about it.

8. Is the soil heavy and dense? I know I see perlite but I'm thinking that this is the little bit that floated up at watering.ill come right out and tell you that the "Earthgro" by the Scott's company is pretty much junk and tends to be clumpy and heavy. It's going to need fixing if you want a successful plant(s).

Re: "nutrients"... I'd highly suggest mixing some organic dry fertilizer in with your soil. Kelp meal at least, and from there it's going to depend on how much you want to get into this?

J

9. Its very light. I can scoop the top 5 inches with no tools. How much kelp meal would you recommend? Im all in for learning to do it correctly.

10. Reading through at least the beginning of this thread will really help you to understand just how organic soil works -

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html#entry15948275

The No-Till thread is also another great resource with a more basic recipe -

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1299862-no-till-gardening.html#entry19925986

These 2 threads will get you in the right mindset. Browse through at least the beginnings of these threads and then we can talk more. You will have questions.

J

11. Let me take this thread in a slightly different direction.  I am at the 4th week of an organic grow.  This means I can sit back for the next several weeks and basically do nothing other than keep my SIP filled.  I love that about organic gardening.  But that doesn't mean I'm religious about it.  I discard my soil after every grow (by which I mean I add the soil to my regular garden).  My next grow might not be for a while.  Plus this prevents the problem of maintaining plant diseases in the soil by reusing it time and time again.  My apologies to the no-till folks.

So what do I do when my plant enters flowering mode?  It's too late to add organic nutrients like bat guano.  But if there is anything I can add to the soil to enchance bud development, I'll do it.  This includes chemical fertilizers.  Afterall, my goal isn't organic purity; my goal is the most awesome buds I can cultivate.

I guess you could call this a hybrid method.  Up to now, I've just kept my SIP filled all the way through flowering and added nothing.   This works quite well.  But if I can enhance bud development, I'll do it.  Thoughts?

12. whats the point of going organic then? just do chem from start to finish [​IMG]