Longboarding Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by dankness420, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Surprised I can't find a longboarding thread here.(if there is one please direct me too it [​IMG] )

Anyways just picked up a barely used sector 9 off a friend for $60, which is way better then my cheap layback board.  Weather is finally nice so been bombing lots of hills and just riding around town.  Didn't get out last year much so me and some buddies are going to try and make up for it this year. 

I will throw some board pictures up soon.

Anyone else here longboard? Anyone longboard competitively? What are your setups? 

2. I was also surprised to see there wasn't more threads about skateboards/longboards, or maybe I'm too lazy to search correctly.

I live in Quebec, Canada in Montreal city, so most of the year it's a big no-no for riding outside: there's snow everywhere. 
    But now that the weather's better I can start cruising again around the city. I ride a Loaded Tan Tien with Paris trucks, Orangatang Yellow wheels and Bones Red bearings. It's an all-around board but mostly for cruising and sharp turns.

Hills here are a bit too dangerous: too much traffic and potholes, so I mostly just ride for the pleasure of it. I don't do any kind of competition.

I'm curious, what do you ride? I'll upload some pictures of my board soon.

3. Just picked up a Santa Cruz lion god drop through longboard today & its amazing 😍 I dont race or anything just riding around, but I can't put her down