Sin city seeds dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by OCHydroponics, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Can't beat great genetics, too many scams and fakes in ca but good to know there's good people out there with the real stuff

That's exactly what I was thinking! Had to have been the washing of the roots that stressed them to produce a few seeds
    But I've been pickin them out and where I have they've already started fillin in with flower
    Still have about 4-5 weeks and they're thick as it is
    Can't wait to cut them down
    I didn't get a chance to clone the fire but this Jack may be in my tent for awhile

Thanks for the feedback mr s!

2. Heh heh I'm going to need a fuckton of answers, because I have a fuckton of questions, before my advice kills your plants! lol!

I thought it might be a good idea to check your thread for some history and get off the socal site.

Better to be more "one on one" than to have 20 different answers to every question.

I'll be gone for a few, and I'll check back in when I get back.

First off, how many BB runs do you have under your belt? and organic soil, and I seen you are using coco? How many times?

Are those Fire Og, silly sluts? :)

If so, you know you can pre-order and pickup in cubes rather than solos, ready for your bbuckets or bags?

If the thought of me killing your plants intrigues you... well I'll be back!

3. Lol no worries, I love advice as I'm still learning
    I have 10 runs of Dwc bubble buckets under my belt. Honestly I have no problem using that system just because I've read so much Into it I'm pretty familiar. They are silly sluts as well as the Jack in question!
    The fire OG is fine, aside from the stress seeding she's health as can be. I will use her as my personal smoke and take whatever seeds come off her. The circumstances around me getting them in dirt cups was that I needed to replace what had been taken out of my tent, so I didn't have the time period to wait unfortunately.

I've never grown a full run organically (with solely my supervision on the plants). I had been swamped with my daytime job working 6 days a week and didn't have time to keep my Jack Herer organic. My hours conflicted with EVERY nursery that had what I was intending to buy. So I decided for this run just to stick to the bottles. I've never used bottles in soil and this is my first time. I mix the nutrients into 1 gallon RO water and adjust the Ph from 5.5 to 6.4 then water her.
    Again that's using the Lucas formula. I also used the botanicare cal mag just because it was ro water

Coco I only have been using for my t5. I've since scrapped the idea because of the issue I had with the dwc seeding.

I did fortunately take the Jack and clone her, so I will be using that cutting to clone for my next run.

4. Ok, questions for you.

So, you are using GH 3-part flora series, in a lucas formula, or modified lucas? are you using all 3-parts?

You mixing the Micro first? Do you let the mixture rest before doing the ph testing? 15-20 minutes?

Are you bubbling the mixture before you check your ppm"s?

How often do you use cal/mag and how much per feeding?

Do you rinse your ph meter after sticking it in your nutrient mix? You have litmus paper tests to double check your meter?

Now, you use the same mix in each bbucket, organic soil, or coco plant?

You clean/ scub each bbucket at a res change or run florakleen?

Ever have anything growing in your BB, scum or brown slime?

Having any ph drift?

Do you understand why the water goes down and the ppm's stay the same or go up?

You add back ro water, mixed solution, or just change out the rez, and be done with it?

You buying RO from the water store, bottles inside the grocery store, or filtering you own at home?

Switching gears for one sec, I think your lights are way too close, especially the t5.

Seedling, rooting cutts, or solo cup plants do not need the light down on them to fulfill the mission.

Too much lumens? Think of those same plant outside in full sun, 100 degree temps. Heat stressed.

Notice the serrations on the side of the leaves finger?

See how some of yours are cupped up and some of those look dry and sort of burnt?

They are too little for that kind of punishment.

Less roots, less syphon... less leaves, less transpiration (cooling of the plants and drawing of nutrients up into the plants).

You want the cutts to stretch toward the light, and that growth needs roots.

Having any light too close, will make the nodes closer together, giving you less transpiration,

water from the leaf above get trapped between the two leaves, stops transpiration,

promotes powdery mildew, and inhibits air circulation in the center of the plant.

No need for max lums, extra heat and the chance of a daily growth spurt (while you are at work)

and burning the top of the plant and stalling until lower branches grow up. 2-3 weeks for recovery.

If it were me, i'd raise the light a foot, blow a circulatory fan across the top of the plants.

1/3 blowing between the lights and canopy and 2/3 hitting the top of the plants Oscillate that mofo!

Answer those questions if ye dare and I'll have more questions. lol. peace!

5. Yes mix individually in a 1 gallon bottle. I shake vigorously for a couple mins and let it sit before I take my readings
    I just my tds pen and ph pen. They are checked and calibrated daily using the 7.0 solution and 342 ppm NaCl. They are pretty accurate. Again I have no issues in DWC. I did fix the leaf issue by raising my like 6 inches. She was down at 14 inches from the canopy. I have a box fan the blows under the light and thru the top 2/3 of the plants. The issue with the Jack Herer is in soil and it's being watered with Lucas formula. I have not given full strength Lucas to the soil Jack Herer just yet.
    I mix 3 ml per gal of cal mag on top of the Lucas
    The order goes, 5 micro, 10bloom, 3cal mag then shake vigorously, then apply to the Jack.

I also did raise the t5, 6 inches as the plants are getting taller and I'll be using them to take cuttings soon. I don't have any issues with the smaller plants either, just the Jack that's in flower.

I have not noticed any PM, I dealt with that issue a few months ago and it was terrible. All over the leaves etc so I remember what it looks like
    None of that in this tent.

I change the res every week, fresh water and fresh nutrients
    They stay consistent numbers and when they swing up then I change the res, scrub with light dish soap and replenish with a lighter solution
    The new growth on my fire in the hydro looks great
    They're getting thick and frosty, the leaves have those stress curl but nothing like what the Jack leaves show

I appreciate your response sit! Plenty of questions that I don't mind answering

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435529793.216132.jpg

This Jack clone under my T5 looks great.
    I'm taking out all the others under this t5 and dedicating it to this girl so I can get some cuts in 2 weeks

7. #107 SitnSpin, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    Fuck fuck fucky fuck! I typed out a complete answer to your JH soil problem, click to post and it's gone. 2.5 hours of typing!

Boils down to this:

Bottled nutes don't mix with organics (it's in the bible). It burns your microherd and effects uptake. I think you are trying to do a fast bottle fix to an organic deficiency. I killed a full grown wizards fire by mixing dried nutrients with bottled nutes to cure a def in the last week of flower. One week... dead! So re-amend next time so your soil doesn't run out steam. I made the same mistake this run and my plants are pooping out. I would use a silly fix of a handful or two of ewc as a top dressing. It would be the quickest organic response to your def. Like I said... next time, I'll mix my soil right, there are really no shortcuts. I used ss#4, ffof, perlite, alfalfa, ewc, protek, and liquid kelp for my soil mix. It needed the whole enchilada to work perfectly. For me, lesson learned.

Let me post my nugget of ppm info I found on the TDS EZ website's FAQ. I was fucking up majorly testing my ppm's. I broke every rule.

Why do I experience different readings in the same water with the same meter?

Reasons for varied readings include:

Ions:
    The nature of charged positive ions (which is what the TDS meters are measuring) is that they are always moving. Therefore, there may always be variances in the conductivity, and thus a different reading.
    Temperature:
    Even with ATC, temperature changes by a tenth of a degree may increase or decrease the conductivity. Additionally, the temperature coefficient (what the reading is multiplied by to adjust for temperature differences) changes slightly depending upon the range of ppm. Our meters and virtually every meter under $500 has a single temperature coefficient, regardless of the range. (The new COM-100 offers three temperature coefficient options, but each is linear once selected.)
    Air bubbles:
    Even a tiny air bubble that has adhered to one of the probes could potentially affect the conductivity, and thus the reading.
    Lingering electrical charges:
    Electrical charges off fingers, static eletricity off clothes, etc. on the meter and lingering electrical charges in the water will affect the conductivity of the water.
    Beaker/cup material:
    Plastic cups retain lingering electrical charges more than glass. If the meter touches the side of the glass or plastic, it could pick up a slight charge. If the plastic is retaining a charge, it could also affect the water.
    Volume changes:
    The amount of water in the sample may affect the conductivity. Different volumes of the same water may have different levels of conductivity. Displacement may affect the conductivity as well.
    Probe positioning:
    The depth and position of the probe in the water sample may also affect the conductivity. For example, if a meter is dipped into the water, removed and then dipped into the water again, but in a different spot, the reading may change.
    How can I get the best possible readings?
    Shake:
    Always make sure to shake excess water off the meter before dipping it into a water sample, even if it's the same water.
    Stir/tap:
    After dipping the meter in the water, always lightly tap it against the side and stir the meter to remove any lingering air bubbles or electrical charges.
    Positioning:
    When taking the reading, always make sure to hold the meter straight up without it touching the sides or bottom of the glass/beaker/cup. The probes should be suspended as close to the center of the water sample as possible.
    Time:
    The longer the meter is in the water, the more accurate the reading will be.
    Temperature:
    25 degrees Celsius is the ideal temperature for conductivity readings, even if the meter has ATC.
    Rinse:
    If switching between very low and very high ppm water, always rinse the probes with distilled water to avoid any build-up.

8. Thanks a ton sit!
    I figured it had to do something with the fact I was using organic based soil and slapping bottled nutrients into it
    Lesson learned!
    I'll go pick up some ewc to revert her back organically
    Do you think that will cause any issues or work fine after I've dumped chemicals into her???

She's doing fine though, I've since been flushing with reg water and she's packing on weight again
    It's a bummer too because my girlfriend loves how the deep water culture is turning out and wants to continue hydro while I dream of the organic days lol

9. You should be fine after a flush or two, let the soil dry out. Toss on some ewc, no need to till it in, just water it in.

She'll still put out like a two dollar whore!

Hydro works great. I had great luck with GH flora in a modified lucas.

I had to fuck with the BB grow twice a day, even when I ran rdwc and a 5 gal. rez.

Organic soil is basically water only, it's hard to beat that.

Straight out of the hose! lol. No flushing with organics! They grow with nutes to the day of harvest!

10. Thanks again sit. I'll make some time this weekend to get those ewc, I've got the weekend off thanks to good ol Independence Day. I am stuck on the decision for agrowinn and hope they do me well.
    Ewc have enough nutrition to put her the last 4 weeks?
    I've got 3 inches of space on top of her pot.

11. I would probably put two handfuls of ewc at first and in two weeks put one more. EWC is the snizzle.

It's well fortified but not complete. Just enough to feed them "softly" and "quickly" through your harvest.

It won't burn your plants.

If you feed them too much ewc, it will filter down and turn your root zone into an un-breathable mess of blackness.

In other words it's not a quick fix in every situation.

Party on Garth... kick the 4th in the nuts and you guys have a great time!

4 more months and it will be sit n spin, turn and grin! lol.

12. Happy 4th Growmie

13. Thanks Mr S! Hope you and the Mrs enjoy this beautiful day! happy 4th!

Sounds great! I'll be picking up the ewc shortly.
    May pick up some amendments and make a slurry that I can apply after the first 2 handfuls

Happy 4th! Enjoy this great day!

14. Happy 4th...

[​IMG]

15. My first clone, 18 days after she was put under 24 hours of light. (T5) Jack
    Big plans for her
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436160845.104820.jpg

16. Well fuck me... first clone ever!

Thats such a great feeling to clone a pot plant.

It's empowering, really more frankenstein than anything else.

It's alive!

17. Oh yeah! I didn't think I'd be able to do it successfully
    She looks great too!

Quick update
    The stress seeding from this fire og is just too much. Too many seeds to want to continue
    I'll be chopping them down and using it as blunt weed for personal smoking
    I'm working on getting some teens as replacements
    I'll be running organic soil so I'll be starting a new thread
    I'll be back for deep water culture in about 2 months

18. Hash the seeded bitch

19. Thought the same thing but I have no cash to purchase any of the materials right now.
    Don't wanna waste it on QWISO either.
    What method do you use?