Sin city seeds dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by OCHydroponics, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Hello all! It's been quite some time since I've posted here. I ventured into all organic growing and really liked the results and will continue growing that way. However, I've decided to set up a dwc grow inside of my room for my own personal use.
    My set up will be as follows

32x32x63 tent.
    170 cfm inline fan with carbon scrubber
    Nano xtreme 600 watt ballast with digital mh and hortilux hps for flower and a cool tube
    3 5 gallon diy bubble buckets
    My seeds will be from sin city. I'm currently torn between the rem and a few other of their options so once I choose I will update.
    I've always used Gh nutrients and will do so here as well. I may buy an additive or 2 for flower but I've always had great quality and results just using the 3 part.

My training will consist solely of Lst and possible topping once. I would love to Scrog but I feel it may be a hassle topping off and adjusting nutrients and pH. I'm seeing if I can work around that by maybe buying a submersible pump or something.

All the equipment will be here this weekend and I will have the first pictures of the set up on Tuesday when the tent arrives

I plan on filling up every single inch of this tent to get the most branching and the best possible yield.

I'm excited to be back here In hydro as I love taking care of My plants everyday and seeing their vigorous growth!
    Feel free to stop by and chime in anytime
    Thanks!

2. Picked up the seeds today
    I've always been a feminized seed person however I went regular this time around.
    I picked up 15 white nightmare regular seeds
    I'll be growing 3 and hoping for the best. However many females I get, I will adapt the training to maximize yield.
    1429327563252.jpg

I'm excited to start Tuesday!
    Seeds will be germinated via paper towel method starting Sunday night

3. Started germinating one of the seeds today using the paper towel method. I will be throwing this seed outside for the year and see if I get a male or female. Either way I plan on using this outdoor strain to make my own crosses to grow.
    I will be using the paper towel method to germinate the seeds going in the Dwc buckets tomorrow night so that by Tuesday they are ready for the tent!

4. 4/4 seeds cracked and taproot came out
    I also planted one in soil outside that just popped above the soil this morning.
    My hydro seeds for this tent are currently in rock wool. I made a mini dome using a take out pasta container
    They all have nice long taproots but haven't broke the surface yet
    I'll be posting an update when they do!

5. Sprouts have arrived! One has some yellowing upon coming out but the others look fine
    I've made drip bottles by poking holes in the caps and cutting the bottoms off a water bottle. I did this to keep the rock wool moist while I'm out at work.
    I expect to have them in the hydroton today with my air pumps on and the water at the bottom of the net pot.
    I've been lagging it on pictures as my phone is always dead after a day of work. I will post some today FOR SURE!!!!

6. Wn#1
    1430015333808.jpg
    Wn#2
    1430015358932.jpg
    Wn#3
    1430015392584.jpg
    Wn#4
    1430015435568.jpg

Temp and humidity
    (Hit 90 in the tent when I didn't realize my cool tube was being blocked by the tent walls. I'm avoiding those temperatures and will be sticking to 75-77 day and 65 night
    1430015572891.jpg

7. Today I put them into their own net pot lids
    Put 5.7 pH ro water in the buckets and let it touch the bottom of the lid so that I can lure the roots into the water. Once that happens all the fun begins!

8. I regret going cheap on a ph meter. Bought the little handheld red Hanna meter. Within 3 days of using it couldn't even read my water.
    put it in the calibration solution and it got the correct reading. As soon as it hits my water it reads .8 on one bucket, 7.9 on another .6 on another bucket and 2.5-5.0 on the last one.
    snapped it in half and I'm going to buy a milwaukee 101

9. i saw sc booth at the cup this past weekend your going to have some great plants real soon

10. I've grown their sin mint cookies and night fire og
    After seeing how well those strains turned out I didn't hesitate buying some more of their genetics

11. Got home to my tent at 86
    Not happy with that temp. I'll be upgrading my fan to 400 cfm and adding a box fan to blow inside the tent.
    24/0 light schedule because my ballast refuses to work with a timer.
    Looking great
    No signs of heat stress and roots have not hit the water just yet
    I top water about 4 times a day

12. Day 3
    1430295758240.jpg
    1430295774697.jpg
    1430295795268.jpg

Attached Files:

13. I am a fan of Sin City, I run the Alien Nightmare for over a year and a half. It's my best strain, they breed str8 fire

14. I have ran alien nightmare once. The circumstances however were that I gave it to my aunt in a single cup of soil. She didn't transplant or add any sort of food to the soil and it flowered in that cup. yielded an eight of really frosty nug with a pungent fruit smell
    I do plan on running that soon!

15. i was unfortunately on vacation and what they where asking for at the  cup was too much for my budget. but im excited to see what your garden starts to look like soon. as for myself hopefully some sour tangie within the next three to four months.

16. Well you're more than welcome to keep watch and chime in!
    I have Ocd when it comes to making sure my plants have the best environment and all the important factors so I'm hoping to have some good results.
    Next up I do wanna run the dream n sour. Looks like an amazing strain :)

17. #17 OCHydroponics, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    Day 4

1430359155458.jpg
    1430359171855.jpg

2 of 4 hit the water today

18. Getting rid of my black buckets. Switching to 5 gallon coolers that are insulated. I will sink 2 16 Oz frozen bottles and my water Temps should be in that perfect 68 degree range.

19. Purchased my 5 gallon coolers today
    I'll post pictures when I put them up in the tent

20. Tomorrow I will put in frozen water bottles to each one
    I'll be cooling the water in the res over the next few days and top off with cold ro water when the plants start drinking
    Still at 2 of 4 in the water

1430463878756.jpg

Day 5
    One is growing out a spindly looking leaf that I can only blame the 88 degree tent Temps for
    Hating this heat wave in CA as just last week my tent Temps were cruising at 75

1430463893067.jpg 1430463905706.jpg 1430463916582.jpg 1430463927815.jpg