can i use my fox farm neuts (organic)for a dwc?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thechondro, Apr 17, 2015.

1. I just bought a deep water culture and was wondering if I can use my fox farm trio for this. or are there specific neuts you have to buy. I wanna grow organic.

2. Also, any tips for using one of these would be great. I've been doing soil for a year now. (When I started) wanted to try something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Really? Aren't they mostly organic? Is there any Brits that are purely organic?

4. Neuts! Not Brits! Haha

5. Some nutes will use natural sources for their salts but they aren't truly organic. I tried to use DynaGro in DWC, which also has organic ingredients and got some nasty froth and slime in my buckets. GH Flora 3-part is cheap and east to use.

6. Gh flora? Is that somewhat organic? Or synthetic? Fox farm is pretty pricey anyway.

7. Are you using circulating DWC or static buckts/tub(s)?

For a while, I used Pure Blend Pro, a very similar to Fox Farms 'partially organic' nutient. I also added a guano tea additive that I used to buy from another grower in a collective I was in at the time.

I got good results, but all the non dissolved solids in the mix really mucked up my pumps/hoses (E&F system). In static DWC buckets, this could simpley be a matter of cleaning the air stone.

I get just as good results (if not better), and quite frankly more repeatable results with GH flora 3 pat nutrients.

Just my 2 cents worth.

8. Synthetic, cost me $14/L

9. A 100% organic grow requires an active culture (beneficial bacteria).

The only way to pull that off with hydroponics is with an aquaponic system, which typically (but not necessarily) have fish living in the reservoir.

10. When complex organic compounds are broken down into simple compounds that are available to the plant as nutrients, those simple compounds (salts) are the same simple compounds (salts) that are listed on the side of the bottles of GH nutrients.

Plants growing in an organic mix are taking up the same nutrient simple compounds (salts) as plants growing in salt based nutrients.

Phosphates, sulfates, nitrates, etc are all forms of salts (salt based simple compounds), and plants have to have them. Whether or not the original source was organic means absolutely nothing to the plant. The plant just needs its simple salt compounds.

11. oh ok. I've been reading a little about gh now. Thanks for the info!

ha! No way! Really??? The fish thing? Lol