Vaping doesnt work

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by njnerd, Apr 16, 2015.

1. #1 njnerd, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    So my friend went from literally 10+ blunts a day, probably shared so let's say he smoked 3 by himself a day to probation. He smoked that much for probably 4 months and smoked "normally" before that. He just took a 4.5 month T break and he hit my pax for 3-4 minutes on its highest temp setting. He clearly had vapor coming out of his mouth and a while after he looked stoned, but wasn't high at all. His eyes got really red and he said the vape made his throat sore. He also has his own vape that he blows clouds with so its not like he doesn't know how to vape.

I know there are some people that think vaping>smoking and are very dismissive of people talking shit about vapes, but what's the excuse here? We smoked a blunt later of 31.5% thc Death Star and he was gone before the blunt finished.

2. I'm the opposite. I smoked only blunts for years. Then moved to glass for years, with a few blunts per week. Then eventually to only vaping.

I still smoke here and there socially, and when I do, I don't get nearly as high as when I vape. It's like combustion can only get me to a certain point, and then it fizzles out. Also the duration of the high when I smoke is much shorter.

3. I used to be nothing but blunts and bong rips. But after trying a friends volcano, I was hooked. Of course, I didn't have $800 bucks to spend, so I opted for nice desktop model. Suits my needs and gets me plenty blasted. On a scale of 1-10, I rate my baked-ness at an 8, of course, that's when its wind-down time in the evening. But every vape has its own learning curve. Some just take longer to figure out than others. 

4. It's very common when people try a vaporizer for the first time to think they aren't getting high, when they actually are more high than they think. ;)

5. Gotta wean yourself off of all those toxins so you can realize how nice vapor can really be.

6. Vaping does work

7. #7 s A t I v A, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    it works well!

8. It works very well.

9. Hiya Iwien! :wave:

10. Yeah....... no.

11. I started pretty well exclusively vaping a year ago and I never looked baack

12. When a person smokes blunts, part of what they associate with "being high" is an addiction to tobacco. Naturally, when you take away the tobacco they feel as though something is missing. 

13. To think that vaping doesn't work is absolutely ludicrous.

It is by far the most effective delivery system to date.
    I wonder if this is a one time experience for some people. If so, I question the material used or an equipment malfunction or maybe someone just wants to get a rise outta the community. 
    But for the benefit of those who wish to expand their knowledge...

The FACTS are:
    • [SIZE=9pt]When cannabis is burned, as it is in a joint or bong, a large percentage of the THC and other cannabinoids [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]are getting destroyed[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]. As this is not the case with a vaporizer, less marijuana is required to achieve the same high. Same with Dabbers which are a high temp THC burn-off.[/SIZE]
    • V[SIZE=9pt]aporizers work by heating up marijuana to the point were certain cannabinoids “boil” and literally evaporate, leaving behind just fibrous plant matter. When you light a joint, the smoke is a mix of cannabinoids and a number of somewhat toxic combustion by-products, such as PAHs ([/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]). In fact, analysis has shown that joint smoke only contains just over 10% cannabinoids, the rest consists of combustion products. In contrast, the clouds that come out of a vaporizer contain up to 95% cannabinoids, with only small traces of PAHs. In addition, because low temperatures don‘t destroy any cannabinoids through heat, the mileage you get out of your buds is much higher with a vaporizer.[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=9pt]Temperature controlled vaporizers are the real deal. There are new affordable (some pre-loaded) vaporizers arriving on the market that take the guesswork out of getting that perfect effect. (You may want to contact me later on this. [​IMG] [/SIZE])
    [SIZE=9pt]There are many advantages to using a vaporizer: [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=9pt]You save money using a quality vaporizer. I[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]t‘s healthier, cleaner and more flavorful than smoking a joint. The price tag can be hefty, but what is often overlooked is how much money a vaporizer can actually save you.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=9pt]The difference between an expenditure and an investment is whether you expect a return or not. In essence, both are simple outflows of cash, but in an investment you‘re looking to not only get your money back, but to start making more on it. If you look at it from that perspective, vaporizers are actually a pretty decent investment, depending primarily on how much weed you‘re going through.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]HOW VAPORIZERS SAVE HERB[/SIZE]

Vaporizers work by heating up the bud precisely to the point where cannabinoids are evaporated into the air, without actually causing the plant matter to combust. When cannabis is burned, as it is in a joint or bong, a large percentage of the THC and other cannabinoids are getting destroyed. As this is not the case with a vaporizer, less marijuana is required to achieve the same high.

[SIZE=9pt]It is general consensus that most vaporizer users use 30 – 40% less bud to get the same effects they would from combusting cannabis. Of course, this depends on a number of factors, such as the efficiency of the vaporizer, temperature settings, vaping technique etc. But in general, it is safe to say that vaporizers save 30% herb.[/SIZE]

This means that those who use vaporizers get a lot more for their money. If vaporizers save roughly a 1/3 in efficiency, it means that you get an extra 1 gram for every 3 bought!
    While some vaporizers are an expensive initial investment, this saving allows for the vaporizer to effectively pay for itself over time.

[SIZE=9pt]THE RETURN ON INVESTMENT (ROI) OF VAPORIZERS [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The ROI largely depends on 3 factors: how much marijuana you use on average, how much a gram costs in your area, and the price of the vaporizer.[/SIZE]

Well kiddies, that's our lesson for today. Remember to do your homework.

Be Safe and Be Well.

OC Samurai  [​IMG]

14. #15 lwien, Apr 17, 2015

While that was overall a great post, OC, you didn't start it off very well.

There are those, albeit a small minority,  that will always prefer smoke over vapor for a variety of reasons and for them, vapor does not work, so to totally invalidate them by stating that their experience is absolutely ludicrous is in actuality, a very ludicrous statement of it's own.

Of course, it's suggested that if one really wants to make the transition from smoke to vapor, that they learn as much as they can about vaporizers and how to derive the most benefit from them as well as how to make that transition but if after going through that whole process they still come to the conclusion that vapor simply does not work for them, than I say.........do whatever floats your boat and enjoy.

Just because we enjoy our vapor and enjoy all the benefits that it provides doesn't mean that those who don't are wrong.   

Also, to close your very first post here with a "Well kiddies, that's our lesson for today." is a bit pompous, eh?   If you're going to invest the time in communicating the knowledge that you have, you may want to think twice about smacking people in the face with it although I have to admit, I've done that a few times myself.

15. #16 puddleglum, Apr 17, 2015
    It sneaks up on you. My friends who try vaping for the first time often say, "This doesn't work, I don't feel high at all... I'll just stand up and walk over to.... bleeeaaarrgggghhh!!!!" [​IMG]

16. Vaping is healthier, yes. Stronger, no.

For a person who smokes mass quantities in a bong or blunt, they will have to do a tolerance break to feel very high from vaping. Few days should do.

17. Maybe it's because the Pax sux?

18. Thank you for the response.
    Somehow you incorrectly assume I was on the attack. Not at all.
    I can see where some people might misconstrue the opening statement.
    My statement didn't invalidate those that choose to indulge in burning. It was a rebuttal to the original post that flatly says "Vaping doesn't work", which you mentioned yourself, for a large number, it is a preferred method. The "statement" is ludicrous in the fact that it completely invalidates vaporizing altogether despite the facts. Also, I don't believe I mentioned it was "wrong", merely sharing methodology which to most is more efficient. I share the same viewpoint as you that if they are aware of the difference but choose to ignore the inherent benefits of one over another, fine. To each their own.

I was amused at how well you twisted the content and attempted to poke holes in the message. 
    You have a promising future in media. [​IMG]

Oh, the last part about the "lesson of the day". That's called humor. Take a rip and chill my friend. It's all good. [​IMG]

OC Samurai [​IMG]

19. #20 lwien, Apr 17, 2015

I didn't read his post as invalidating vaporizing altogether.   The title did but his post didn't.    I read it as more of an inquiry based on his friends experience and that he posted it up here so that he could get some feedback as to why his friend wasn't getting high on vapor.

But alas, apparently, he's been banned.    As they say..............oil well.

And regarding my promising future in the media, that future has long since passed but you are correct in that my profession was, in fact, in the media.

Edit:  One more thing.   My intent is never to twist content but I will intentionally poke holes in a message if I feel that the message is either misleading or inaccurate.    It's just something that I have done for a very long time both here and over at FC.    Kinda of a hobby of mine.  [​IMG]