Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Smoking in My Apartment Question....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by greenmachine24, Apr 16, 2015.

1. I'm moving into an apartment complex soon in my college town. I usually smoke pretty discreetly in my car, I use a pinch hitter nearly every time, spray, don't carry anything on me, etc. I'm basically as cautious as I can be when smoking because I have a huge fear of getting caught, obviously. Where I live, the penalties aren't terrible. At the worst you get arrested so you can be processed and then get released, go to court, pay a fine, get community service if it's your 2nd offense, etc... But I don't want to deal with that at all. My apartment I'm moving into is on the 3rd floor and the front door opens into an outdoor hallway. Each apartment is pretty spread out from one another. I'm wondering about any advice you guys have and more importantly experience or stories some of you have had while smoking in an apartment. I plan on opening the window, blowing a fan, using incense, smoke-eliminator candles, maybe even a smokebuddy... I want to get a bong because I'm so tired of using a pinch hitter and this will be the first time moving into an apartment on my own. I'd rather be safe than sorry, though. Do you think I could totally get away with it with my plan, or should I just smoke pinches and use the incense, open the window, etc? Do you think I could get away with a pipe bowl? Anything helps [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. What state (or country) are you in? I think your looking at it in way too serious of a manner, but idk what state you're in so thats a factor. You really dont need much to hide the smell. My place has a smoking room that sees 20+ people a day. after an hour or two with the window open and door closed, you cant smell anything

3. I live in OK, United States 

4. I have a window fan in my bedroom that blows outside. I'll smoke a pipe at the window and it all goes outside. Maybe a bong will too. In my living room I use a vaporizer. When it's nice outside I'll open all my window to air out the place, have fans going for circulation and burn some incense. My apartment doesn't smell like weed at all. Roll some joints and walk around outside with them. If you smoke it like you're smoking a cigarette, nobody can tell unless you're right next to them.

5. Just smoke fuck em .....not like your running a unmentionables lab out of it or somthing

I bet people get drunk as fuck and do dumb crap..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. - buy a vaporizer
    - smoke in the bathroom ( beware of where the vent in your bathrooom leads to , if its connected with the rest of the apartments system the smell may get into their bathroom)
    - smoke kief ( keep the smoke in for a few seconds)
    - use a sploof ( easy to make one under 5 dollars)
    -buy a air purifier
    - spray ozium or a order eliminator
    - mask the smell with another order

7. It's really not that hard haha you're over thinking it! Open a window put a fan in facing outward and sit by the fan and blow your smoke into it then when you're done take the fan out and let the outside air in. 20 minutes you're after done smoking no one will be able to tell someone was smoking in there.

8. Smoke on the john while dropping a deuce.  One smell should cover the other one and I guess cancel each other out I think.

9. I don't actually smoke near open windows in my apartment because my windows are pretty close to my neighbors windows, and I know they can smell it because when I've had neighbors who do smoke out their window, I can smell it :p 

Also living in an apartment complex, I know that sometimes maintenance will come by during the day to drop a note on my door about whatever so I try to avoid smoking to the point where someone outside my door could smell it.

That said, I have still used pipes/bongs no problem, I use a sploof during office hours (maintenance won't be coming by after 5pm) and if I were smoking a lot with friends during those hours I might light some incense and smoke in the bedroom just because it's farther from the front door. 

You are in a college town though, it's not like anyone is going to call the cops on you. And if they did, just don't answer the door.. it's not like they're going to get a warrant to raid your apartment because someone smelled weed. Worst case in my situation is a neighbor might complain or maintenance might smell it and I'd get a written warning, your mileage may vary. Adjust accordingly. 

If your poops smell more than smoking weed, you may want to go see a doctor or change your diet lol

11. Bong should be fine, just pack snaps (small tokes you can clear in 1 breathe).  Might as well make a sploof if you are that worried.  Candle and/or incense is a good idea as the smell tends to stick around.

12. My daughter made me beans and cornbread the other night.....Farts started out benign, but the sHituation ended badly the next morning. She is trying to get me to lose weight....I am pretty sure i did.....

13. Ok.

Here it is.

First and foremost: keep your bud sealed up tight. Im talking 20 alternating layers of ziploc and glass jars. Seal that shit up cause its a constant STANK. Seal up whatever bowl your using as well.
            There are so many things you can do to avoid getting caught. Most of these will come naturally to smokers, but sometimes people need a little guidance. Being a dedicated enthusiast, I eventually just found a house to rent out in the country. Literally about 10 mins from a university. So instead of moving to an apartment and complaining about how close the neighbors nose is in your shit, look for houses for rent without any immediate outside contact with the rest of the human race.  

ODOR CONTROL: Since you've managed to score an apt on what I'm guessing is the top floor or close to it, you've lucked out....or come close to lucking out. Your bathroom fan should go right up and out of the roof. Turn that sucker on at all times to help draw the smoke out. Also, become one of those people who always raise their windows on a sunny day. Basically don't let the air in your apt just sit. That's when people start to notice and believe me, you think you stink now? lol just wait til you've been hot-boxing a grow house with no ac in the living quarters....my god....that was unearthly. So as long as you keep your air pumping out into the sky and you're only using a one hitter you really shouldn't have anything to worry about.
            If you have some friends over and there's a lot of smoke or if you're just super paranoid at the moment here's some other suggestions:
    • Exhale through a paper towel cardboard tube stuffed full of dyer sheets.
    • Holding your hit for as long as you can. Basically just visually monitor your smoke.
    • pack everyone in the bathroom, put a towel under the door, and leave the fan on.

Pretty much, if you keep your place clean and don't smoke on your neighbors porch you should be ok.

14. Buy a high quality air freshener, preferably with an odor sensor, and only toke out of bowls and bongs. no joints.

15. Use Ozium and open a window

16. #16 bigcat13, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    incense is a good idea, but other than that, i think you should worry more about roommates than otherwise. but if you dont have roommates then you're worrying about something that doesn't need to be worried about

i guess it also depends on how the air runs through the apartments, but typically every apartment has their own unit and it comes in and out directly from that apartment, so i would just say like if you have a main door, and then another door to like your bedroom or something, smoke where you can close both doors and open a window, just to be safe.

17. Buy a pet skunk?

Nobody will blame you! But the skunk on the otherside....

Dank trumps stank. Toke happy

18. Will there be a balcony? I used to live on the 2nd floor of a 3 story complex in a college town. I just smoked on my patio chair on the balcony. Used a sploof when I first moved in until I could smell weed coming from other apartments in the building.. After that I wasn't very discreet about it at all.

What is the general attitude towards weed in your area? I find around here not many people care about it, so you don't need to hide it as much. I wouldn't think about it so much.

19. I hate incense... I hate the smell of it.. I hate to smoke weed in the same room as incense is burning cause I can taste the incense...

First think I think of when I smell incense is.... Someone is smoking weed...

Unless your from India or Pakistan and your burning incense it is obvious to everyone your trying to cover up weed smell...

Did I say I hate incense? cause I do!  

I don't smoke weed I vaporize it,, less of a smell..  

Ozium or some air freshener and a open window with a fan is what I'd do if I were you. 

20. #20 Pogmoney, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    Lived in an apartment for two years before I finally got a house just under a year ago. When living in the apartment I used my bong 99% of the time in the bathroom with the vent on. On occasion I would smoke in my room with the window cracked and thats it. Never had any complaints or concerns and we had maintenance people over frequently. (We didnt have anyone above us though)