3weeks from seed, Plants only about 3 inches.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by willywagpole, Apr 16, 2015.

1. You better be sorry!

Get 'im, boys!

:lol::lol:

2. Come out, come out, wherever you are?  [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. yea ok. 
    Come to DC and see me any day.
    PM and I will tell you which streets.
    Come see me.

4. Cheerleader CO HAHA you totally enjoy ganging up on me every time and its really cute.

Why would I come to DC and see you when I can deal with you here. The way I see it Snoop can say what he wants, and whether you like it or not is beside the issue, you should respect his opinion without being rude and causing controversy (dirt or no). We're going to get along and attempt a bit of civility or we'll call in the mods and allow them to deal with each of us appropriately. What say you, dude? All you have to do is settle down.

6. #46 CanadianOrganic, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    I was joking around. You need to chill out.
    Not to mention I was quoting Khees.....

Not everything is about you.

7. This soil vs hydro shit is pretty childish. You can't comment unless you try both, you just can't declare which is best for you and in your environment. I already know which is better. I have used soil for over 11 years and I've used coco just as long. I even picked up an aeroflo60 and tried it for a few grows. I can honestly say which is best for me, my style and my environment.

But going back and forth on some dudes thread about this bullshit is incredibly juvenile. I think you guys should be totally ashamed of yourselves. The op only asked for insight on his plant. And look what this turned into. The lack of moderation on these boards is shocking.

8. Well idk about you guys but i always look for organic(as close to nature as possible grows)
    Id rather stick to nature's way if i'm looking for quality and taste ect..(from my experience of friends grows)
    Hydro is probably faster or bigger yields indoors, Though i have seen some outdoor strains/grows that smash any indoor/hydro grow i have come cross.
    I was thinking to do a soil/coco mix for my next seed :p

Anyway since this thread is my asking for help enough BIG TALK about what is better.. Since you guys are pros why not help me instead or give me tips of what in can do in the future :p

9. Yeah but those multiple pound outdoor plants need like 3-6 months to veg :(

10. #50 willywagpole, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Well I'm at 25th day from seed and I've been having some problems. I have checked other articles/posts about plant deficiency and i have tried some things but they don't seem to be getting any better.

I think this started to happen when i applied the neem/tea tree oil 1 night after lights went off or dose of nutrients cause a nutrient burn or the combination of the 2.

I don't have a PH meter yet I'm still waiting on delivery but i found a TDS meter around the house and it shows up 400-700ppm on the water run offs.

I have also used 1-2 doses of dolomite lime Liquid a week or 2 ago because i wasn't sure of the PH so i thought a maintenance dose would help balance out everything.(yes i mixed a tiny amount with 1 gal water)

I also was at my auntys house and she gave me some rocks/pebbles and zeolite granules apparently they help with growing? who knows, So i places them around the inside/top of the as you can see in the pictures and sprinkled some zeolite granules on top.

If you have any idea of what could be going wrong or what i can do would be really grateful, This grow is important to me or it will be my 3nd failure in a row.

Attached Files:

11. #51 willywagpole, Apr 20, 2015
    Also when i bend my leaves they seem to stay the way i bent them. Like i would flip the droop looking leaf up and it would remain facing up. I try my best not to water them 2 often but they get really dry. At the moment they are dry the first 2-3inches but then moist. I'm gonna give them 600ml bottle of natural spring water each cause im a bit worried and who knows when the next reply will be.

Raining outside so i might leave the door open for a few hours thinking fresh air might also help my babies.

Just tested the run off water and its 290ppm for the larger pot and 425ppm on the smaller pot.

Would love some suggestions for my next soil mix (new plants), Something that needs less watering but also decent growth. Preferably a simple mix that doesn't require any cooking just wanna buy the ingredients, mix with hand, soak and hopefully plant after day or 2.

12. Ok do since everyone seems to be preoccupied with that argument that no one is going to win I might try and help, but I'm gonna be honest, I'm not a pro grower or anything and am also doing my first grow and mine are also mystery seeds lol. So I'll try my best.

1. In veg (I'm not sure what type of light system your doing) but you want the hours to be 18/6, or 20/4. If doing CFL's you want bulbs with a higher then 5500k on the cool side and you want as much lumens as possible. More lumens the happier the plant and no more then 6-8" away. I am not sure with what other types of bulbs because I have no experience with others. 12/12 light is only for flowering

2. Check how clean your water is, if its kinda dirty or not clear at all or you even have a single doubt... Filter that shit or say fuck it and buy bottled water. My water out of my tap has an above 8.0ph and after filter its about 6.0 so what would happen is nitrogen lock-out (I believe that's the correct term) to where the plant wouldn't be able to absorb any nutrients through the roots so that could cause a shit ton of problems in the long run. And I would say until you get a ph tester to use bottled or filtered water.

3. Well for one did you use any miracle grow anything even the perilite in your soil? That could cause problems, and check your soil for any bugs or eggs they would be extremely small so you would need a magnifying glass to check because they could be feeding on your roots so get some regular 3% hydrogen peroxide and find the correct mix ( I think its 2tbsp per gallon check online to make sure) and run that once through the soil and that should kill any eggs and some fungus or basically anything that would harm your plant from the soil. And I'd recommend taken the big rocks out of the pots unless you have thoroughly washed them.

4. When it comes to indoor, I'd say cleanliness plays a good factor in it because any harmful diseases to the plants we could easily bring in same with if you have any animals, I found damn aphids on mine and they are basically locked in my closet besides intake/outake fans with filters on them so the only way they could have gotten in there was from me. And the neem oil/ tea tree oil I wouldn't use unless you for sure have found bugs or eggs or are 85%+ sure there are.

5. Make sure your whatever sort of ventilation you have is going isn't directly on the plants and don't move your plants a lot because that could cause them to stress out and go male on you if they keep gettin moved or bumped a lot. Just make sure the plants are gettin fresh air and try not to smoke ciggs near em cause apparently that can cause some weird disease.

I JUST WANT TO CLARIFY I'M NO PRO SO DONT GET PISSY IF IM JUST A TAD BIT WRONG. AT LEAST IM TRYIN TO HELP.

Also make sure if you do get fox farm soil you sanitize the shit out of it cause mine had bugs in it. Almost any organic soil you buy has a 60% chance theres bugs.
    Also research is key if you have no one to help. Don't just go to one single form. (THESE ARE YOUR PLANT CHILDREN THAT YOU ARE EVENTUALLY GOING EAT OR SMOKE) so make sure to take good care of em.

And ill show you my plants

AGAIN IM NO PRO JUST TRYIN TO HELP.

Attached Files:

13. Shit I forgot a couple things

1. Don't water until you sick a finger in the soil to the first knuckle and its dry then water.

Find a good recipe for kelp tea. Get only pure kelp meal. To make it.

Do extensive research online for pests and problems ( example for google: Purple stems mmj, yellowing leaves mmj, curling leaves marijuana, wrinkly leaves marijuana) and find a pic that matches 90% with your problem.

You will only be able to tell if your plant is gettin better through new growth. Don't expect the old leaves to heal or regenerate

Learn how to flush soil and when to. Also when to trim.

14. Check your temp. Should be between 70f and 85f

15. #55 willywagpole, Apr 20, 2015
    Thanx for the reply and all the help and tips!
    I'm currently using 400w MH (4200k) 12-18 inches from plants. I recently moved them up to 18.
    Water seems pretty clean 056ppm for the bottled spring water 090ppm for the tap water.(i sometimes water with the rain water i collected outside in a bucket.
    Thank you for the hydrogen peroxide tip, Any idea if apple cider vinegar would help instead? Spent so much on this grow already..
    This is the soil i used: http://www.bunnings.com.au/osmocote-25l-plus-organics-potting-and-planting-mix_p2961482
    I think this is the perlite i used: http://www.bunnings.com.au/brunnings-5l-perlite-potting-mix-_p3010203
    Whats a cheap thing i could buy to measure temp? is it really that important?
    I also have a small fan blowing just above the top leaves to make the plants move a bit and in-between the lights.
    I don't keep it all all the time, anywhere from 4-12 hours a day.

And that's a lovely looking plant you have [​IMG]

16. Apple cider vinegar would hurt/kill the plant more then the bugs. Vinegar is a homemade herbicide rather then a homemade pesticide and I read that just off of a few fourms and other info. I have no idea on the soil just do some research. This is my first grow as well so just remember to ask for help and do research.

And temp is very important.

17. Just took a second look at your pics. Could be a mold or mildew?

18. #58 CanadianOrganic, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    I seriously hope you are joking about #5.
    You really shouldn't give bad advice.
    Not trying to be rude but newbies believe everything they read.

19. I have done both and I have grown outdoors.

20. Hey you don't gotta be rude about it. I did say multiple times that I was just trying to help since no one else was and I'm no pro.