3weeks from seed, Plants only about 3 inches.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by willywagpole, Apr 16, 2015.

1. I currently have 2 plants growing 1 of them with the wider leaves is White Widow XTRM from AMS and other is one of the 20 freebees. (I ordered the original but they sent me XTRM hopefully its still close enough whatever..)

I'm not sure if i planted them on exactly 3 weeks ago or they sprouted 3 weeks ago either way i didn't have grow lights at the time being due to a delay in the delivery so i had them outside(Autumn here) for the first week or 1.5 - 2weeks.

I used some soil from this link https://www.scottsaustralia.com.au/.../osmocote-plus-organics-potting-planting-mix/

As Australia is quite behind in cannabis means couldn't find any better "Organic" soil for my plants at my local hardware store. 50% soil 25% peat moss 25% perlite added liquid dolomite lime to the soil 2weeks after i planted is what i used.

I've been watching and learning from other people/posts and realized my plants are quite small for 3weeks compared to others and since its preferred i start 12/12 at 4th week people saying plants should be at least 6-12 inches before switching to 12/12 for flower.

Not 100% accurate but i tried to check soil PH think it was 5.7-6.2 ish and run off water was like 600ppm, 400ppm for the smaller pot with the mystery seed.

Should i be worried or anything i can do to help Growth/Soil? I've been feeding them with Biobizz fishmix or some homemade fertilizer(Coffee gounds, epsom salts, molasses, kelp powder ect..) every 4-7 days since a week ago and they seem to have helped make them more bushy and leafy but not 2 much on height.

I water them every day or 2nd day the top few inches seem to get dry quite fast, so it doesn't seem like i'm over watering them or?
    I'm using 400w MH bulb atm with glass reflector/magnetic ballast also have a 400w HPS
    Currently 16-18inches away hopefully they get taller, Earlier used 12 inches away.
    Hope i have provided enough information to get some help, I will post the pictures of the plants.

Thanx, Juju (Always learning [​IMG])

Attached Files:

2. Only thing I can think of is bad soil.

3. #4 willywagpole, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    True, I cant seem to find good soil around here and fox farms is like $40 for a bag online :S

Would changing light to 16/8 for the next week or 2 make a difference in growth?

I heard as plants start leaning towards flower they double or triple in size so i thought if i turn off some light it would trigger some growth just before i switch to 12/12 for stable?

4. You meant you cant grow in dirt indoors. Haha. Wow. You think hydro is better than dirt.

5. #6 Peflora, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    Hydro is much more CONTROLLABLE than dirt, at least when using an outboard rez

Screw ups can quickly be remedied by switching out a rez with fresh water to flush for a couple hours, then replace it with fresh nutes (minus the screw up)

And if you use my method (no rockwool), there is no salt build up to cause weird problems, mostly noted during flower

AND, since switching from DM Gold to Hydroponic-Research V+B, I am no longer a pH Nazi

6. #7 snoopdog6502, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015

Dirt grows the big monsters, outside. Hydro grows bigger better indoor by a mile. 125-150% of what a dirt plant will grow. Much stronger buzz too.

All true, I dont even use my PH meter anymore. No need to at all.

I harvest my 2,000W HPS room this weekend and some of the buds are as big as a human head. My Kush HPS vs LED grow has 3 more weeks to go.

7. Dirt grows much tastier, nuggier, and potent buds than hydro any day of the week.

Well iv grow hundreds of pounds more then you so I take your word for what its worth.

9. haha okay. I'll take yours for what its worth as well. An opinion.

I grow branches with more bud then your entire garden grows so i am laughing.

11. oh my closet?? Oh that was only the beginning of my led startup. Big branches of shit. You serious think your hydro tastes better than my organic dirt?
    At least keep it honest. If you're going for size I guess your penis is bigger.
    Oh so you grow two pound branches? Do tell...

12. Come on professor
    Show me a two pound branch

13. He who laughs last.

Hahahaha. I thought you might be able to bend light too. But then again that would be an exaggeration as well.

Your both amazing growers. Calm down guys no need to start a fight. You both prefer different methods.

I grow soil, a whole shitload of soil plants, OUTSIDE!

16. I've heard that and many other cannabis wives tales throughout my growing life

My Jamaican report is from a guy who grew up on Jamaican soil cannabis

17. #18 killerbunny, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015

I agree.. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. still waitin on that two pound branch professor

19. you quoted me but I have no idea what you comment means. Well the second part.