Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

First time weed withdrawals

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by gauger buds 060746 200101, Apr 16, 2015.

1. To start off I've always been sceptical about withdrawals because I'd never had them before. It's been about a week since I last smoked and everything was fine to begin with but now every morning I wake up with a severe case of the munchies. I'm so hungry it makes me feel ill and my stomach starts making all kinds of noises, and I don't know why. Normally when I stopped smoking before I would lose my appetite a bit but I could still eat three square meals a day.
    Has this happened to anyone else??
    I've been smoking regularly for over 3 years now with various t-breaks but this is the first 'withdrawal' I've ever had.

2. the endocannabinoids help to regulate hunger and optimal operating parameters of the organs. this is why contrary to popular belief people who use cannabis regularly get to a moderate weight and do not munchie themselves into absolute obesity. a lack of cannabinoids/endocannabinoids will lead more to obesity and out of balance blood sugar levels.

you might want to look into a parasite cleanse, they are some hungry little buggers and there is sometimes not enough nutrients in your gut to satisfy you both. they were high as hell before when you had cannabis coming down the pike but you cut off their supply so they are going obese at your expense.

3. This dude knows whats up^ regular, daily smokers, tend to be skinnier. more so with heavy users. I smoke 7am-sleep everyday and honestly don't eat until around 1 for the first time of the day without being hungry then eat again between 7-9. Usually only 2 meals a day with a snack or two in there of fruit or whatever. If I go a morning without smoking, by 10 am my stomach is growling and slightly aching with hunger. Its funny how a social smoker gets extreme munchies from smoking, while a regular/heavy smoker controls his/her diet easier with regular smoking. Not saying its healthy, but its what happens. On a 6 month break from smoking i gained at least 10 pounds then lost it all within 3 months with no change in exercise and just smoking more

4. #4 josephjt93, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    Marijuana has no withdrawal, it has more of a hangover if used in excess. Withdrawal is no joke and simply cannot be applied to cannabis in anyway noticeable. Smoked 3 years and can say if I drink caffeine I get addicted and get withdrawals like a bitch. Ever smoked a cigarette? You'd know what real addiction and withdrawal is.

Also for those talking about weight gain, I can say cannabis makes you lazy which can make you fat. It also makes you motivated which can make you exercise. It's a yin and yang. It does both.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. The withdrawals may be miniscule compared to other drugs but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I smoked cigs on and off for 8 years, to me they are not addicting whatsoever. I can start and stop with no problem. If anything I get bored of them and stop. Then randomly come back, it's almost a seasonal thing. Haven't touched one in months with no urge at all. Caffeine is the same for me. Go weeks with 2 cups a day, then don't touch it for a month. Both these with zero withdrawals even after heavy use.

Weed is not the same to me. I miss half a day of smoking and I start feeling the effects of not smoking. Irregular appetite, sleeping disorder, upset stomach, extreme migraines, etc. You can't deny some one of what they experience just because you don't. On that ground I could say nothing is addictive but weed. That's not true and everyone's perceptions and experiences are different

6. not to start an arguement but I was never addicted to any nicotine product until I smoked atleast 3 a day for more than 4 months, after the 4 months I started to become addicted shoulda quit but didnt. Then I quit by taking on nasal snuff, then tried chewing tobacco, then couldnt stop that. Finally did. I rarely even take a puff of a e cig. Tobacco takes awhile to get addicted with my expirence. Definetly not worth it.

7. #7 BurnAFewDown, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    So 8 years of smoking 5-10 cigs a day isn't enough?..... I've been smoking cigs longer than weed. Again, people react differently to different substances. I get much more psychologically addicted to weed than anything else

8. #8 TheDankBank, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    Im not even going to try to have a debate. You win. I was stating that in my experience, tobacco is hard to quit an took awhile to get addicted. Have a good day.

9. Sade and his pictures....smh

10. #11 on Tau Volantis, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
    Lol... weed withdrawals eh? Suck it up. Better yet, keep smoking.

11. did you even read any of the posts in this thread? I'm guessing NO.

I wasn't complaining, I asked a question because I was curious so I don't understand how to 'suck it up'

And......................you're post is a bit late. I asked this question 11 days ago man and yet you add irrelevant shit that no one cares about. ;)

12. #13 on Tau Volantis, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015

13. why are you just looking to cause trouble man?

I can guarantee you that nobody cares about your completely irrelevant post.

1. The question had been answered 11 days before you posted that.

2. Your taking the piss out of people who say they've had weed withdrawals. I think that fits in with your definition of 'direct abuse' as you think me saying you posted 'irrelevant shit' is abuse, have fun getting banned as well then. ;)

14. why are you just looking to cause trouble man?

I can guarantee you that nobody cares about your completely irrelevant post.

1. The question had been answered 11 days before you posted that.

2. Your taking the piss out of people who say they've had weed withdrawals. I think that fits in with your definition of 'direct abuse' as you think me saying you posted 'irrelevant shit' is abuse, have fun getting banned as well then. ;)

15. being hungry is a system of withdraw [​IMG]

that's a new one[​IMG]

16. Lol sorry guys calm down

17. Lol at threats of him getting banned when you have no power in that and it is NOT going to happen from that

18. Squadddd

19. #20 gauger buds 060746 200101, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
    did you read his post? He said I would 'catch a ban'. Does he have that power? Don't think so.
    I don't think he should get banned, but he clearly does because he thinks I should get banned for saying 'irrelevant shit'. So he must think a lot of people should get banned. ;)