First grow, Stealth, cfls, and bagseed.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by noseeds20, Apr 16, 2015.

1. #1 noseeds20, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    This is my first grow, i have some outdoor experience, but interested in trying a small one plant operation. I threw a small cab together today to see what I could come up with, inside dimensions are 11 inches x 11 inches x 36 inches. It's cramped for now, but if it's a problem it's only temporary. I really want to do a sterilite cabinet but I feel a little more comfortable with a wooden cab.
    I currently only have one 65 watt 2700k cfl as of now, ordering 4 - 42 watt 6500k and another 65 watt 2700k.

I'm stuck on ventilation, going to end up running a Carbon scrubber. I was Thinking two 120mm fans at the top for exhaust pulling air through two scrubbers should work. Smell is a huge problem and has to be contained.

I'm not looking for quantity just something nice to smoke on and get into this huge mess of growing. I have 2 four way light splitters coming, 2 socket cords, and the bulbs, i will be making a reflector out of duct as well, guess it helps with me doing some hvac.

What am I missing? What else do I need? I will be using ffof and perlite mix, only wanting to do a one plant grow, so hoping to get 4 plants in and get one decent female. I will be ordering some beans after a grow or two.

I am open to any and all criticism, I wouldn't be where I am now without lurking on here. Good things are to come, hopefully this works! Got some good bagseed germinating right now so this show should be getting started soon!

I will probably wrap the inside of the door with mylar, still some minor trimming left to be done on the door. There Is also weather stripping all the way around to keep the light in, it holds light very well. I also need to make some sort of latch to keep the door nice aND snug when closed.

View attachment 1749893

2. Sorry about the sideways pictures. I'll have to fix that.

3. Wired up a computer fan last night. I'm still stuck on ventilation and how I want to do It. Thinking one intake about halfway up the cabinet and the exhaust with carbon scrubber in the top of the cab. SO from what I've read, the carbon filter will go inside my cab with the fan PULLING air, not Pushing.. correct?

My beans are still germinating, will be checking on them after work tonight. Hoping to have a couple ready by tomorrow. Lights are on the way as well!

4. Got the fan hanging till I cut the hole, it's looking pretty ghetto right now but the drop light Wil be gone by Friday hopefully and I should have an intake and exhaust done this weekend as well. I have 4 23 watt 6500k lights and 2 42 watts on the way. Seems to be doing okay right now. Going to pick up a thermometer tomorrow.
    Not sure why they post sideways. If anyone can help with that I'd appreciate it.

Attached Files:

5. Any tips or anything are appreciated.

Attached Files:

6. The grow box this morning. Lighting up the bedroom. I made a reflector last night out of cardboard and mylar and it seems to reflect a majority of the light. The top of the box stays relatively dark.

Attached Files:

7. Keep your CFLs about 3-4 inches away from the plants. As close as u can without burning them. Use the back of your hand as a good test, if its too hot for your hand, its too hot for the plants.

8. I'll play with it tonight. how much water should I be giving them. I know when it's dry but what literal amount?

Setup looks like it has the potential to grow some decent bud. I'd get better soil though, doesn't look like that's got very much drainage at all. Perlite is a very important part of container gardening, unnecessary outdoors in the ground because of all the bugs and worms crawling through the soil providing aeration, drainage, and fresh compost for the roots. Indoors we don't have that, so we compensate with perlite and wormcastings.

10. Will do. Next seedlings will be in FFOF/perlite mix which is the same as what I'll transplant to. I over watered a couple and they died but I still have a few seedlings eft and a whole bag of beans to practice with before I spend big money on them.

11. Try building your own carbon filter, there's a ton of tutorials on youtube about this

12. I plan on it. Haven't really decoded on what method to use. At this point smell isn't an issue but sooner rather than later is best I guess.

I have all the bulbs hanging vertical now, by Friday I should have the bulbs tomorrow and splitters And my thermometer on thursday.

I am still stuck on exhaust of anyone has any suggestions. I have a 120 mm on the way, should be here thursday.

13. Everything came in about 30 minutes ago. I need to build a reflector out of something more sturdy than my card board for these lights but it's brighter than hell in there now with only 176 watts in there right now, I can get it past 200 fairly easily.

After just 20 minutes the box got to 100* so my exhaust has to be done today or I'm just gonna bake these plants. Other than that everything is going pretty well.

I forgot to post this earlier, but meanwhile I got my exhaust fan hooked up tonight, still haven't wired it. Going to work on a new reflector tonight, not a fan of the car board holding my lights, don't need a fire, plus it was a tad too weak to support the lights. I'll have pictures up tonight.

Attached Files:

14. The cab is currently running a little cooler at around 82* with the door closed.

still figuring this out! Not as easy as I thought lol
    The cab is currently running a little cooler at around 82* with the door closed.

still figuring this out! Not as easy as I thought lol

15. She got burnt but recovered well.

Attached Files:

16. It is Day 11 and it's doing okay. im down to just this plant, to try and start one more.
    humidity is low, like 23% not sure how to adjust, i have a cup of water in there right now, and temps are holding between 74-82*.

A good bit of new growth after the transplant. Looking good, any help is appreciated...

And the new nail for my grace glass twin spiral perc came in. Makes me feel like im back on the west coast, doing dabs again.

Attached Files:

17. My intake fan stopped working in the middle of the night and the box got to 98, gonna have to order another fan tonight.

18. Today is day 15, lots of new growth everyday.

Went from 24/0 to 18/6 last night and she (fingers crossed) seemed to love it.

I ended up covering the stem with soil, almost to the cotyledons and she's getting bushier by the day. Not too much upward growth but shes growing nicely.

The lime green went away after I watered her this morning, not really sure what that was about.
    Im trying to figure out what soil im going to use or make, not sure where to find FFOF or anything other than miracle grow, or make my own...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Today is day 18, how do you all think she looks?

Was hoping for more feedback.. Got quite a few new beans today from a friend. 
    New light fixture, used 1 inch pvc and light sockets fit perfectky with a few wraos if electrical tape.
    I felt like my big diy reflector was blocking the air flow and causing the higher temps. so this works as far as i know, the lights are off right now but i will check temps in the morning.

20. how do you think she's coming along?