clones...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Slimwhite, Apr 16, 2015.

1. So i'm new to the whole cloning operation. I am 7 days in and my clone is wilting. ive tugged lightly on it to make sure its rooted and it feels like it has. ive begun watering instead of misting, i have it under 3000k lumens @ the moment bc i havent received the new lights yet. i order T5 lights. but ah, back to the plants. The stalk 2/3 of the way up is healthy and firm. whole plant is still a vibrant green. but its drooping... i applied rooting power before i placed the cutting in soil, and only misted for 5 days instead of watering.. ive just begun actually watering the clone and ive added a superthrive organic hormone to give it a boost ( what i do when growing seeds) not sure if that's a norm or not.. it just seems top heavy, and idk if youre supposed  to top clones or what.. my clones had 2-3 full nodes each when transplanted.

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429163454.188572.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429163472.838382.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429163506.455635.jpg

Sorry for not including pictures on first comment. But that's my damn problem 👎

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. that poor fucker is dead. go get yourself a humidity dome, some rapid rooters, and a cfl shoplight and give it another go.

4. #4 killset, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    That cutting is done. You don't have to use rapid rooters. Soil works just fine. I put a clear solo cup inside a colored solo cup. Drain holes in the clear cup and a plastic baggie for a humidity dome. Lightly mist daily. Misting should also be enough to keep the soil moist on top of keeping it hydrated. Keep the soil slightly moist, not wet. I don't personally use rooting hormones anymore, but it should help you out until at least you get the hang of it. Clip the leaves in half to promote root growth.

Attached Files:

5. #5 killset, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    Make sure the cutting you take for a clone has at least 3 nodes to increase its chance of survival. You asked about topping, did you top that clone? I don't see a top on it in the pic. Don't top them. Looks like your soil could use some perlite to help with drainage. Don't tug at them, it could be easy to break the roots and not know. That's what the clear cup inside of the colored cup is for. You can watch the root development and keep them in the dark. Did you only have the 1 clone? What kind of bulb are you using?

6. #6 GoldGrower, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
    You probably disturbed it when you pulled on the stem. Or perhaps over watered it causing it to suffocate. Either way it's dead now.

There are as many way to clone as there are growers. Most of the practices people say you HAVE to do are completely unnecessary, but the correct amount of moisture and air to the cut stem is very important.

If you continue to have trouble with rooting then check this thread out.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1327492-rooting-clones-easy-way.html 
     Doing it this way is the easiest possible way of rooting clones. you set it and forget it, no maintenance so you cannot go wrong