Which Forms of Hash for Which Vaporizers

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Lauchingtae, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Hey there!

I'm fairly new to the world of vaporizers and hash extracts so I was hoping to get some information on vaporizers compatibility with certain extracts.

I've done some research online and certain vaporizers say that they're compatible with either "wax", "oil", or "shatter" etc... Unfortunately I'm not familiar with all the extracts. I was hoping someone could "define" the common terms like wax, oil, shatter, or crumble; and what they mean in terms of being able to be used in a vape pen.

Thank you so much for your time!

2. lol - if its compatible with one itll most likely be able to do all of it but its thc in different forms and extractions so it almost all has the same burning/vaping temp . Either way it soaks into a wick for a pen vape so its heating the wick up melting the oil into it then heating the wick to vaporize the oil .

BHO: butant hash oil . Oil that was made from weed with butane as a solvent to melt all the thc off , this thc/butane mix is then allowed to sit at room temp to melt the butane leaving only the thc

Wax : purged oil , BHO that has been ran under low temp heat extract all the burns tane out that was used to extract the thc. Usually green in color and has a pastey chunky consistancy

Crumble: oil that is crumbles put together , commerical BHO makers usually have this type of oil because they run it though a BHO extracting mechine. Color ranges from brown to amber .

Rso : rick simpson oil , BHO that was left in the sun or left unsealed to evaporate . Usually oily and brown/ black in color - stay away from this . You can also cook with it however .

Shatter : heat trated hash/ kief which has a 5* melting point ( which basically means it can fully melt unlike most hashs/kief . Once you heat treat this in say parchment paper itll melt into oil and become a thin layer of shatter . Treat it unevenly and youll have kief bits lol .

Co2: one of the newer methods of extraction , instead of using butane or a solvent frozen oxygen is used allowing the thc to be extracted more cleanly giving you a nicer high thats easier on the lungs

Like i said though they all have amount the same melting point that minly all concentrate pens can do . Its all just quality too honestly , rso and crumble unless you can winterize ( dont worry about this for now) are low quality . BHO is around mid ( if vaccuned purged) and co2 is the highest quality but can go up to 70 for a .5 .

Now unless you have a actual vaporizer ( with temp controll and not a vape pen) you wanna avoid this next link

https://owensmithe.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/volcano-vapourizer-temperature-chart_-4-22_thumb.jpg

These are all temps for dry herb and the different burning points to achive what you want . Again if you do not have a desktop vape with temperature this does not apply to you.