2015 New England Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Joint.Effort, Apr 16, 2015.

Same to you to my friend. It's cool to hear from some local growers in my area, lets me know i'm not the only one! You have any plants in the ground this year? Strains? With the lack of rain we've had recently i'm thankful for my few swamp spots this year! 

2. Dude you really need to insulate those pots with fabric or put them in the ground...
    Plastic pots will get too hot out there in direct sun and burn your roots killing your plant!

3. Quick update on everything so far, with June 1st approaching it's almost time to put the majority of my plants in the ground. I jumped the gun early as usual with a few plants but it's looking like it may have been worth it with how much they've grown already. All my spots have been pre amended and i'm using mainly worm castings and chicken manure for vegetative fertilizing. I've made the executive decision to cut out all synthetic fertilizers this year, I see no reason to use cheaply made toxic chemicals on my plants when I have an abundance of natural fertilizers I can use that both cost less and work better. For all the hard work I put in I can't afford to be taking chance's with the quality of my end product. 

Here a container full of a cross I made last year called "big purple". Mainly indica these plants already have a pungent skunk scent and very broad leaves. The true deciding factor will be if they are mold resistant this year. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 2.15.35 AM.png

Here's a spot in a fern/nettle valley I found. I made the mistake of walking in with shorts the other day and that'll never happen again.. The nettles make for a great nitrogen fixer and also double as a good mulch. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 2.15.52 AM.png

Here's the valley. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 2.15.59 AM.png

Here are my Strawberry Cough, Og, Skunk, and Amnesia lemon. All Feminized. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 2.16.07 AM.png

Finally all the plants have shown their true colors and I can start putting them back into veg. The Afghan's seem to be growing very well and the Ak48's are doing okay. The seeds I got were almost premature and only half of them sprouted. Also I had two feminized amnesia lemon seeds and two soma seeds that didn't even germinate... Quick 50$ down the drain. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 2.16.15 AM.png

Lastly this is a little spot I made on a hike I went on recently, the ferns had taken over an old tree stump making for great mulch and excellent composted soil to grow in. I gave it some chicken manure and worm castings for good luck and in a few month's i'll come back and see if it amounted to anything!

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 2.16.31 AM.png

Very thankful tonight to have a hobby that keeps me so entertained and constantly learning new things. The places I grow in have become very special to me, each in their own unique way. 

Goodnight world!

4. Now all you have to do is wait

5. Glad we're finally getting some rain, just hope its not too strong.  I'm growing 6 different strains this year, all of which have shorter flowering times and are supposed to be mold resistant.  Hopefully this will make new england growing a bit more successful.  They are greenhouse seeds cheese, greenhouse seeds A.M.S., greenhouse seeds The Church, Nirvana seeds Swiss Cheese, dutch passion Frisian Dew, and female seeds Red purps.

6. So much rain that i wont be watering my plants for the rest of this week.

7. I am very scared about the drop in temperature. .. it shouldnt last too long though. Fingers crossed. I just bought a green house to put them in so that no one can ell what i am growing and also control the smell

8. They are sitting in water so that helps but point taken my friend, the black is much to obvious and I need to at least camouflage them.

Thank you sir.

9. #69 Joint., Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    Dude you really stole my name? haha fucking weak bro have fun living in my shadow [​IMG]
    lol jk but yeah just making sure you dont rot your roots and really regret it 

10. #70 Joint., Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    Dude did you really just put 3 different seeds in one pot? yeah goodluck if ones turns herm or is male lol your will be hands down fucked bud... All I see is mistakes left and right, you'll be luck if your roots don't rot... but even then you'd be luckier if all three of those are actually 100% fem lol

Also those peat cups are terrible learned that this go around stay away from them... serious PH problems.

11. All my seed are female and the pot is more then big enough plus using th e cup strategy it spepr a te there root and serves as a divider. I gaurentee you that a 6 gallon pot cab handle 3 autos without problems but thanks for you opinion ..check out my grow journal

12. My solution for this up and down new england weather . Check out my fourm...lol

13. #73 ThePot, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    Not that cold guys! If it was Sept/Oct might be a different story...  been there, no fun at all

14. Whats with all the hate Joint. ? Although I will agree planting a bunch in close quarters is asking for trouble.

Appreciate the killer input bra!

It's a true blessing to share the same name as a pot legend such as yourself. 
    Your opinion literally means everything to me, so I'm dropping everything I know and accepting you as my mentor from here on out. 

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Getting big....how's everyone doing?.... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434467546.902663.jpg . First topping looking good. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434467605.318652.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434467661.235858.jpg

17. How old from seed

18. April 6 birthday