2015 New England Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Joint.Effort, Apr 16, 2015.

1. No worries, sounds like your plants are perfectly healthy.  And just leave them alone to be safe, the first rounded leaves will fall off naturally with time. 

2. Anyone heard of or grown the satori strain in here?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Look at my babes almost 3 weeks... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430084637.880799.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430084669.767291.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430084694.064283.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430084712.516659.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430084730.417178.jpg

4. #24 Joint.Effort, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    Been all over the place looking for a few new spots before I start prepping my usual spots this year. I'm using an awesome nutrient pack from Kis Organics to amend all my spots this year, i'm putting it in at least two weeks before planting so nothing gets dug up.

Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 10.10.30 PM.png

Pictured below are a few seedlings I put out early, got the cage ready today for the feminized seeds i'm about to put out to acclimate.

Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 10.10.20 PM.png

Heres a clone I mulched with clover, looking very healthy growing together. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 10.13.05 PM.png

5. Ok guys a little over 4 weeks now. Veg stage right? More water? How tall should they be? Any other input appreciated. Thanks guys!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431271232.964039.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431271261.817757.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431271290.948073.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431271312.053503.jpg

6. whats the expected finish time on that strawberry? love that shit. doing anything for slug control?  Lately read a bunch about using vinegar in the garden to keep away everything from deer-rabbits-bugs etc. (supposedly) prob gonna give it a try myself. Got a couple diff spots including a swamp spot where tons of bugs and animals.. 

7. I heard a cup of beer for slugs. They crawl in and drowned

I believe she's a 9-10 week girl. I had one clone last year that finished in late october and turned out to be an awful pheno with no flavor at all.. Hoping for better luck this year. I hear coffee grounds and cinnamon both work good as well, i'll have to try vinegar that seems like a good one. If you have problems with slugs in the swamp you slugo brand slug repellent is omri certified organic and it works wonders for me!

Plants look very healthy man! Transplant those babies as soon as you can, it looks like you have them in potting soil which is okay but just don't over water them! I'm not sure if your plan on planting in the ground or in containers but make sure to use Promix instead of potting soil next time!

10. This is what they are in now... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431345023.229513.jpg

I was planning to move them to Fox Farm ocean forest next week

11. Has almost same ingredients.

12. Thanks for the tips guys

13. These are my AK48's and Afghans. Still waiting a few more weeks for them to show their sex. Growing nicely at least in the mean time. 

Prepping spots all about the country side per usual and i've got plants acclimating out in the cage. 

Can't wait to grow in the swamps this year because it's looking like it's gonna be a dry one but time will tell.

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 6.44.33 PM.png

14. Looking good. I'll be watching.

15. I have all Satori by Mandela. Any feed back on this strain? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431604240.454866.jpg

16. Have heard nothing but good things about the satori. Believe you should be good on finishing time too

I've only heard good things about it as well. Interested to see how it grows for you.

18. 2 weeks until we transition into planting time out here. I've been prepping all my spots with my super soil mix and happy frog all purpose. Along with some worm castings, chicken manure at the bottom of the hole. I've been experimenting with different mulching techniques, ferns work great and it's amazing how much more camouflaged your plants look after everything Un-natural is covered up.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 10.56.50 PM.png

Heres a few seeds i'm growing from a friend of a friend growing up north in Maine. Looking very healthy sitting in a little water so I don't have to ever water them. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 10.56.41 PM.png

Here's a little hole I'm planting on the lower side of a mountain, not the best sun not the worst. Thats why i'm using seeds here instead of clones. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 10.54.12 PM.png

These are my Ak48's and Afghans. Looking like there only a few days away from starting to show there sex. Can't wait to find the females and plant them already [​IMG]

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 10.54.01 PM.png

Here's a spot raspberry patch I'm planting in the middle of. Good soil but lots of roots to dig up. It'll be camouflaged well once everything grows in. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 11.12.41 PM.png

Here's a beautiful swamp spot I found this year. All the dead tree's ensure that it gets at least 10 hours of sun everyday. Brought a pro-mix bale out, cut it in half and made 3 bags total. One of which is a contractor bag with the excess pro-mix after de-compacting the two halves. The bags have slits in the bottom and sit in about a quarter inch of water ensuring they never need water after the first few weeks. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 11.12.51 PM.png

Here's a better look at the bale halves. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 11.19.48 PM.png

This a sprouting Reishi mushroom I found on a hemlock stump. See if I can find it again when it's ready to harvest this year.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 11.13.26 PM.png

And to wrap it up here's a few brook trout I caught up north a few weekends ago. 

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 11.13.18 PM.png

Peace to all my fellow growers out there, hope this approaching rain breathes some much needed life into your holes. If anyone out there has some good recipes for microbial tea's or specifically fermentations let me know. I've been experimenting with fermented dandelion and stinging nettle tea (mixed with worm castings and myco powder). I've had decent results but i'm looking for tips on how to improve my brews.