Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

1st qwiso attempt. What you guys think?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by isorapa, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Solid, shatters when poked

2. Awesome! Thats just what i need! Thank you!

3. One more thing. If i let "all" the alcoholl evap(something around 48+ hours) is it safe to make a hot water bath?

4. #24 Its Brandon, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
    ok, here is how I do it. I rarely make qwiso anymore so when I do I only use a small amount of bud usually 3.5g. Put the ISO, herb, metal strainer in the freezer for around 6 hours, then when ready quickly pour the ISO over the bud until it barely covers it and swirl it for around 20 seconds, after that you need to use your metal strainer to quickly remove the ISO from your used product. Once you have it strained from one jar to another get a couple non bleached coffee filters and run it through those to get the rest of the impurities out. You now should be left with a golden/light green liquid. Then you proceed to pour your finished product into the pyrex dish and now you're almost there! Then put it into a hot water bath sitting on top of a hot plate set at 140f. The extracted product never reaches above 110f. DO NOT USE A PROPANE STOVE. The product usually appears to be dry after about 6-9 hours but it's not quite ready. After that let it sit with no heat for another 24ish hours. It can be done quicker but I like a long purge and dry to make sure all the alcohol is gone. You should be left with a golden dry residue on the bottom of the pyrex, scrape it up (should look like a kiefish powder). When it's all gathered put it on a piece of parchment paper, fold over the parchment and press it between hands it should become somewhat stable at this time. The more you press it between your fingers it will become a slab. You don't have to do these last two steps but it's the way I do. I then put it back on the hot plate for another 30-45 minutes and then store it in the freezer. I always get a nice shattery extract. That picture of the qwiso I posted was the only one I have at the moment it wasn't my best run by any means. The picture of the BHO is another story ;)