Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

1st qwiso attempt. What you guys think?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by isorapa, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Hello guys! Just made my first extraction using with iso 99% iso alcohol and some old weed/trim.

Stuff got really sticky, looks like my bong after some time without clening it. Did i made something wrong? Here is a video with almost the hole process: https://youtu.be/yqZikoqAZJE

Waiting for some feedback. Thanks for yout time!

View attachment 7052

2. How old is this trim?
    It doesn't look bad, but not good either. How long did you let the trim sit in the ISO?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. How long did you let it evaporate for and what method did you use?

4. Did you use any type of heat source?

5. Qwiso should be a hard shatter or dry hash once properly purged, I can see all the alcohol still in that oil.

6. Idk what method your using to purge, you aren't winterizing for sure. And you gotta cover that while you evap, otherwise you'll get contaminants

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. you obviously didn't use my tutorial[​IMG]

8. i think you soaked it waaaay to long. looks like you picked up all kinds of crap from the bud / trim. i do 15 second soak followed by a 15 second shake. then i strain. i get 2 killer washes followed by a decent 3rd that i use to make hash with. the 3rd wash ends up looking something like what you have there.

9. Trim and iso for 1 minute(i know, too much). Trim is months old and badly stored.

Around 24hours and used a mix of methods. Weed and iso 4 ours at freezer, shaked all together for 1 minute(too much) and let it dry in open air for 24 hours.

None.

I just let it sit in the open air waiting for evaporate. Next time i'll use a fan. Cant use an eletric pan at momment.

Reading now! :)

Doing this next time!

Just mixed and shaked for 1 minute. It was too long.

My main question is: how can i make my oil to get solid or more like hash?

Thank you all for the reply's! Peace!

10. It all takes practice.  Looks like you did better then my first run.

11. #12 DabsOnTheMountain, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
    Well it looks like you're learning from it, that's good. Take everything everyone said above me seriously. I saw no bullshit. 
    You need to freeze longer, 12+ hrs. Everything has to be cold, from strainers to your filters to jars. You also need to have much shorter soaks. Soaking times are entirely personal opinion, I change mine every time depending on the material and what I'm going for. One minute is way to long though. I like a 20 second first soak, followed by two fifteen second soaks. Then you gotta look into winterization too.

And then onto the evap, even after it looks dry it's another 24 hrs minimum for it to be clean. Sometimes a week though, it depends how thick it is in the pyrex. Your oil is very, well, oily in appearence. It looks wet. That's no bueno.You know it's ready if you really have to work hard to scrape it. That's become my sign it's ready. Theres the finger test too, you just poke it in the thickest looking part. If you leave a print at all check again in 12 hrs. If it sticks at all check again tomorrow at the same time. I like to wait until it's done, and then give it another 12 hrs just because. It's not hurting anything, only helping. Be patient. The smooth hits are so worth it.

12. Thank you very much, <span>DabsOnTheMountain</span>.Next time ill do as you said and wait more time evaping.

About the winterization, it is needed if i want a more "hash-like" product? I'm looking for a final product that looks like hash. Dont have an oil dome or something like, so im just passing the oil in the joint and enjoying. Its a cool blast!

My hole process took about 24 hours. Next time i'll wait till it is all dry up. Ill keep you guys updated!

Thanks for your time, bros! Peace!

13. I've had hash results from long evap and straight freezer.
    Here's a picture
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429793076.267657.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429793115.016538.jpg

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

14. #15 isorapa, Apr 23, 2015
    What do you mean with "straight freezer"? Awesome hash you got there!

Using sativa can interfere in the final result? Like, sativa gets more oil and indica more to hash? Sorry if im asking stupid questions..

15. #16 DabsOnTheMountain, Apr 23, 2015
    I'm trying to tell you how to make a decent shatter, not hash... You can't really make hash with alcohol... Enough impurities to make it seem hash-like would hold onto the alcohol to the point where it'd be impossible to purge. Even with a vac. You can't make "hash" with alcohol safely. You can't get the alcohol out. Look into cold water bubble hash. I've never done it, but it looks awesome. Basically you put bud, ice and water into a pot, shake and shake, scoop out the bud after it settles in the fridge because trichomes sink for some reason, then scoop out the trichs from the bottom and let it dry. Search it for the actual instructions. The results look real good, and it's much easier and safer to make and use than qwiso if you don't have a rig. I never have enough bud to try it.

Southeast stoner, that looks gnarly as fuck. I honestly wouldn't take it if it were free. You have insane amounts of plant material in there. You need to filter more. Way more. I don't even know what happened. Did you not have coffee filters? Was it just a mesh screen or something? Is it dust? It's probably decent, but somethings wrong there... You should use 3 filters minimum, 5 is where it's at, along with winterizing and another 5 filters when you re-strain that. I use 5 every time something needs to get filtered. Use two screens so the material isn't sitting there soaking longer.

16. But is it possible to make the oil get to a more solid state? I saw lots of "oils" that looked pretty solid. I just want to turn it to something easier to work with.

17. #18 Southeast stoner, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    Southeast stoner, that looks gnarly as fuck. I honestly wouldn't take it if it were free. You have insane amounts of plant material in there. You need to filter more. Way more. I don't even know what happened. Did you not have coffee filters? Was it just a mesh screen or something? Is it dust? It's probably decent, but somethings wrong there... You should use 3 filters minimum, 5 is where it's at, along with winterizing and another 5 filters when you re-strain that. I use 5 every time something needs to get filtered. Use two screens so the material isn't sitting there soaking longer.[/quote]

I used a fine mesh screen and ran quite a lot of material that came through on my pollen catch, was trying to get more of hash quality vs a oil if I had used a filter, didn't have a rig at the time and I love to roll it up in joints. Was actually pretty potent. Was evap for 36hr or so than put into freezer and came out like that.

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

18. My ISO vs my BHO.

Attached Files:

19. Is your iso more to solid or sticky?