Transgender person about to be on the cover of Mens Health and receive title of Ultimate Guy

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Apr 15, 2015.

sorry about the joke link i found but i thought it came out of left field and found it comical, i guess i should have said that. sorry. only a few sites about the 80s types as you called it and wiki which sources stuff is what i found. i honestly didnt find anything on the different types of rape, just like you stated.  you dont have to look for the sources right away, just use a bit of spare time to do it here and there, and compile whatever is easiest for you. i will read it cos i would like to know.

2. #82 Vicious, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015

I appreciate it and will search in all honesty. The only reason I'm so serious about this is because we honest to god went over it today. I didnt think to write down the researcher or the title of it but I could even screenshot my power point that says sex is the prime motivation for rape along with the statics. Hell, I'll PM you.

Did you see my post about transgender kids? The post got buried. I'm watching the documentary now and its intense.

3. #83 nellymirikitani, Apr 16, 2015

honestly, its a case to case thing as i see it. i do agree with you that it is best started early. my guess around puberty would be best to under go hormone treatment since their hormones are haywire anyways. seeing kids dress as the other sex and wanting to be called by another name, is really up to the child and their parents. its not up to me to think they are too young on that matter. i dont live with them so i have no say.

i am aware of a few instances where parents do push their child to be the gender they want or by accident. one such case is David Reimer, who basically bad a botched circumcision whereas his twin brother did not. originally named Bruce but then given the name Brenda by the parents was raised female. im pretty sure you are aware of this case. its sad that the child grew up as a test subject. it didnt end well for either of the twins.

i have not seen this documentary and i love LT's work. might have to torrent it and once i see it i will def tell you my thoughts on it.

my responses are getting slower because im getting sleepy. :yawn: 

4. Well, we can have some bud and some wine coolers and see where things go.

5. Whatever wets your whistle I guess :p 

I have nothing against transgender people....at the same time I think it's pretty weird!

And to comment on the pic - I'm not very impressed by the physique. 

6. You know, this is something that bothers me.. cause everyone tries to say their way is right.. but really, without something after it, to say 'couldn't care less' doesn't make sense. In full, it is supposed to be something like 'I couldn't care less than I already do, and that's not at all'. Cause if someone is talking about something they care about and you say you could not care less.. then you are saying you can't care less than the other person, who does care. Since you can't care less then them, your level of care is at least the same as theirs, which would mean you care somewhat. Now if you say you could care less.. you're saying that you care less than what the other person cares about.

Not only that, idioms don't have to be logical.. but I could care less ;)

7. #87 Vicious, Apr 16, 2015

You know what bothers me? Mere. I hate the word. It's the only thing I know of that completely contradicts itself. It can mean "that is solely or no more or better than what is specified." "being nothing less than", "being nothing more than". I never know when someone says a "mere decade" if they're implying its be a short while, a long time or just thus.

8. I had look into it because I remember mere meaning like a swamp.. but didn't know why. Turns out a mere is a body of water without a thermocline, which means there is no layer the separates the water in terms of temperature. Like in the ocean or a lake, the sun warms the top layer while the bottom stays cool, so there is a difference in temperature. A mere doesn't have that because they're typically too shallow.. and I think that's why people think of a small amount when you say mere, I know I do.. but it's seems to imply a specific amount. So if you say something like 'I have a mere $17,374,820.83 in my bank account' you are saying that you have no more or no less. So if someone says a mere decade, they specifically mean a decade.. but language changes over time and it should mean a small amount, at least in comparison to something larger. With the way it is, it's like a completely unnecessary word to use.. cause when you say a decade, it already means a decade, not more or less than a decade, but a decade.

Thanks for ruining mere for me though.. lol

Sheer still works but I don't think they're antonyms. At the same time it does work in the same vein. In the defense of "mere" it works better as a superlative like "a mere child" than to quantify something like time or distance.

10. Yeah, sounds better that way.. but still kind of seems like a useless word. Cause it is like you're saying that child is no more or less than a child, which just saying child gives you the same outcome.. or should.

Not to derail this anymore, but I think people should try to update language more frequently. I mean, it's kind of always changing.. but people don't like change and will fight it off as long as they can, like with the whole could/couldn't care less thing. Mere could use an update.

11. In the spirit of this mere thread that I could or couldn't care less about.. it is kind of cool in the spirit of equality and kind of weird at the same time. Maybe do away with the 'ultimate man' thing.. but at the same time, what makes a man a man? This man might be more manly then most men.. despite how he once started out.

12. I love his boyish figure, he reminds me of a soccer player I had a crush on in high school. :)

13. #93 The Dankmeister, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    Wrong forum post

14. I don't give a fuck, tbh.

This ultimate man thing is fucking bizarre tho.

15. i think we all know they should've gave the award to me anyways.

The Ultimate Guy

16. I don't agree with this, but maybe he does.

You see usually transgenders identify as the new gender.

Calling "her" the ultimate "guy" is a bit insensitive I think.

But maybe I just overthink it. In reality she is the ultimate person.

-yuri

17. What in the world is going on in here :laughing:

18. Ive noticed the media is pushing the whole gay and transgender thing too much. Lately catfish has been promoting transgender and shit its like they wanna make everyone a lil teacup

That must be very threatening and upsetting to you!

Muh trans-phobia. "You have an opinion on something, you must be scared".

• Like Like x 1