Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis makes you Anti-social? Or less social?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jeanbaptiste, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Yep. Naturally introverted keeps my mind busy and my mouth shut. One good sativa and motor mouth sets in. Indica and I'm asleep with eyes open

2. I think I'm more social when I'm a little Stoney. I have an acute social anxiety, which I think in some sense we all do, just some more than others. A good sativa dominant hybrid sets my mind at ease and makes me less socially anxious. I guess it all depends on how the high hits you though, because if I'm super super stoned I'm most likely talking more in my mind than out loud lol

3. I suffer from APD (Anti-Social Personality Disorder) which makes it very hard for me to socialize with people in real life. But if i am high, i actually can talk to people without being anxious while i do it.

So Cannabis definitely makes me more social.

4. #24 Everythingshazy, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    Actually antisocial has nothing to do with being unsocial. The term antisocial comes from antisocial personality disorder, which is basically psychopathy. Lack of empathy, or regard for the life of others.

Everyone uses it incorrectly, (the term antisocial) when they mean unsocial, or reclusive.

5. umm, kinda not actually. 

6. Weed if anything makes me more social, I've gotten comfortable with being high around people while baked over the years, it's just like drinking an energy drink, helps me wake up and get shit done and I act the same way high that I would sober. Cheers

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

neither of you read the follow up post where i explained my reasoning behind my initial statement
    [​IMG]

8. So it effects you differently. but say your at home you get high and have plans...

Your really high and you have to go out what do you do??

Go out or stay home

What kind of strains effect you or dont effect you

10. I stay high around the clock because I'm used to the sensation. If I got too stoned to leave the house for an activity, it's most likely because I ate myself into a food coma. The social anxiety I receive from my external environment only affects me adversely if I'm making a fool out of myself in public situations.
    When I'm soaring ion cloud 9 in my introverted thoughts, I tend to neglect and/or ignore stimuli that bring to me negativity, which to outside observer must appear to be a blank stare and stoney red glossed over eyes....plus a huge nerds grin XD

11. i know what it means, i am simply not agreeing with your opinion. 

12. If I have plans, I will smoke an hour before I need to roll out or else, I might be inclined to decline.