Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis makes you Anti-social? Or less social?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jeanbaptiste, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Whats everyones opinion on this?

From my experience I've found that if I have plans BUT I get high before I'm less likely to go.

I couldn't find any articles or research on this but I wanna hear what other smokers/vapers/eaters think about this?

any articles/ research would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. anti-social and less social are the same thing kinda

weed makes me able to around a big group of people

3. how do you mean? Like calms your nerves around people?

4. #4 gifgiraff, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017

5. Normally I'm pretty reserved and introverted, somewhat socially anxious. If I'm baked, I'll relax and pretty much lose all trace of social anxiety and may even be quite talkative, assuming the strain genetics and amount of alcohol involved are fitting. 

I'd say less social is more like a shy, quiet type. Antisocial behavior is more related to sociopathy. 

6. #6 TheAnswer121, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    but both ultimately mean you avoid being around people. that's all i meant. wasn't sure if op was trying to ask if it makes you more likely to be around people, or less likely

i may very well be a sociopath

more of a psychopath tho

Psychopaths, in general, have a hard time forming real emotional attachments with others.

7. Depends, if I'm at a party with people I know it makes me a lot more social. But if I'm high in public I get kind of paranoid, I feel like everyone's looking at me and everyone knows I'm high. If someone talks to me I'm very short and blunt around strangers when I'm high.

Understood. It could as well affect some people to become antisocial, when taken to account that frequent consumption can diminish one's emotional sensitivity for as long as their system is affected by THC remainders. 

9. When I was younger, I used to be extremely anti-social when I smoked. Now that I have gotten older(only 24), I have found that I can go and do and be in public with people, no matter how big the crowd and not really give two shits. I guess it all has to do with your tolerance. even tho, I do have to say, I took a three month break at the end of last year/beginning of this year, and I get really blazed now, but still don't care about being around people or interacting.

10. There must be some studies or articles on this ???!!!

11. I'm a little "I hate people" to begin with. But - I feel that weed makes me want to be alone and enjoy the serenity of a nice night home alone drinking soda and watching family guy :D PEOPLE ARE BUZZKILLZ

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. It doesn't make me anti social cause when I'm high with friends I never shut up.

But I do think it makes me self alienate from the general populous. I hardly speak to strangers in public, even like service personnel I just say the required things. They all probably think I'm a stuck up ass.

13. I'm already quiet by default. It's subject to the strains I guess. I can sit there and not make a sound, or be engaged in conversation.

14. Here's a picture I found of Cannabis on the brain.
    [​IMG]

Since it hits the amygdala (processes emotions, feelings, beliefs), one may be anxious to go out, check out these informative articles on the neurotransmitter GABA (http://www.gaba-supplement.com/gaba-for-anxiety-benefits) and <a>(http://overcomingyouranxiety.net/naturalanxietyremedies/gaba-for-anxiety/).</a> Also, dopamine, which is part of ventral striatum, affects your motivation. It determines whether or not you want to chill with people or chill by yourself. Serotonin as well.

15. As a catalyst weed makes me more of what I would be regardless...
    Behavior is determined by the environment most pleasant to user. As used here for your I stance OP, my antisocial behavior hinges on videogame consumption and lack of inhibition to stop. While being high, that shit is just more fun.

Introverts tend to be reserved, extroverts more open to audiences present. My .02

16. So would you say that you were anti-social to begin with? or your less social qualities shine when your high

17. And what i'm saying is that you can be friends but you might not be speaking as much as you usually do. Interaction not based purely on physical but verbal communication.

I say it does like absolutely make you less social

18. Why isnt more social an option? I tend to talk and cinversate more high

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. it depends. sometimes the bud has me thinking some crazy thoughts and I'm more quiet than sober. all depends on the strain..

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox