First Time Grow - Need Help (please)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by aryanspider, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Hi All,

I am a first time indoor grower in CO and was wondering if I could get any advice on my indoor op.  I bought a clone mid Feb at about (4inches tall).  I have watered the plant consistently with dechlorinated water and a little bit of tomato feed. 

The plant is setup under two long fluorescent white tubes and two other lamps with 60w white light.  All of the lights and the fan are on a timer that is set to 18 hours on and 6 hours off. I have moved the clone into a 5 gallon pot a couple days ago.

About a week ago, a bunch of the leaves started turning a bit yellow and starting to droop. I thought I was overwatering so I didn't water the plant for about a week and it looked even droopier. I haven't been giving the plant the tomato feed because I thought I may have over fertilized at the beginning.

So the plant is about 8 weeks out since I purchased the clone and the branches seem to be unable to hold up the leaves.  I have uploaded pictures below to show what I mean.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

(I don't think it helped that I moved the plant into a bigger pot while it already was weak, but I was unsure if the previous pot was stunting the plant's growth.)

Again thanks for reading and I appreciate any advice.

All the best

Attached Files:

2. Ok feed ot distilled water that is normally phd around 6 to 6.5 she looks thirsty and as the droopy branches go stake them up them get a oscillating fan near her and get some cfls atleast for supplemental light on the sides but the droopy im seeing from pics looks like underwatering honestly the way i water is i luterly water untill i just start to get run off once i get a glimpse of run off i stop then i wait for it to dry almost completely since its looks real dry right there lift it and feel how heave it is then water untill you have run off then lift it and feel the difference then dont water again untill it feels light like it was i dont think your giving her enough water buddy

3. I agree it looks underwatered. I can't tell if there are any deficiencies, but pure pH'd water will surely bring her alive and well!

4. The drooping/wilting could be both underwatered, and transplant shock.  Did you watered it after the transplanting?  Proper watering techniques is one of the most important a new greenthumber needs to master to be successful.  Until you have enough experience, try this self-watering system with a 2liter soda bottle using using the capillary action.

Another possible reason for the original drooping is the lack of intensity generated by the flloro tubes u're using.  Try adding another 6tubes for a total of 8, and place them vertically on the 4 sides surrounding your plants.  Better yet, if your budget permits, invest in a quality LED light for your footprint.  For your size of personal grow, a good 150-200w will be the most efficient:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0M0CAKxb1c

The yellowing might be early sings of magnesium(Mg) deficiency since you are currently feeding them.  Try foliar application(spraying the underside of leaves) of cal/mag for quicker absorption.

Good luck!