Do you believe in God? (please at least vote no reply needed..i need data)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by HiddenReality, Apr 15, 2015.

1. #21 JuanS, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    No I don't.

I'm just saying this to state my opinion, not to offend anyone, but as a rationalist, I believe the burden of proof is in the believer, and there is no proof of god, so in my eyes, he/she/it is the same as Santa Claus or unicorns (at least when talking about a specific god with a specific set of rules).

If we are talking about a god as in a creator of the universe, but admit that we don't know absolutely anything about it's wishes or history and that every holy book is fiction, then I can consider it a theory, but it still doesn't convince me at all, because if there is a god, there is something, so he can't have created the universe, due to the fact that his existence would mean there was already a "universe", or at least something out there. 

I believe that there was no creation, the universe has always existed, and I'm confident that time isn't linear, so there wasn't a beginning.

Stephen Hawking's theory that everything that you can imagine is happening in some universe is what convinces me the most, but I can't say that I "believe" in it because it can't be proven, and again, I don't believe in anything that can't be proven.

2. Mind control is programming. News papers, television... is called Programming for a reason.

Religious programming has dominated life on earth going back at least 2000 years. People who believe the bible/Koran, etc are Gospel are simply followers of the their parents, grandparents. History is always written by the victors. Religious wars were fought to maintain the lie and still are to this day. Would the real God stand for that? .

A lie repeated over that many centuries is hard to unravel, The holocaust lie has only been with us for ~ 80 years, and yet people have gone to jail for speaking out against it, and there is plenty of evidence to support them  Do a hoax search

The dark lord calls himself god (little g) it is he who is behind religions and programming

You started out good, but the last 2 paragraphs were just about the most ignorant things I've read. You are seriously denying the holocaust? Wow.

4. I don't like the fact that you have to believe in a god for there to be a god. It requires a mind to conceptualize it. Also, what good does it do for oneself? So in short, no...and really? Can we move on with this old notion?

5. I do not believe in god because I'm scientifically literate. 

I don't believe in any concept of God.. but I believe we live in 1 infinite universe. To me, an infinite universe is basically the same thing as infinite multiverses, but an infinite universe doesn't deal with all the woo and metaphysics of the multiverse theory. In an infinite universe, there is infinite possibilities.. that doesn't mean those possibilities are true, but being infinite, it is possible for something to repeat itself. Anything you can think of.. it is a possibility in an infinite universe. You'd need proof for a possibility to be more than just an entertaining thought.. but nonetheless the possibility is there.

Even though an infinite universe would be very similar to infinite multiverses, I think the multiverse theory is more entertaining and therefore gathers more followers.. cause it puts this idea that we could somehow get to them in our head. Like if you wanted to visit a universe where you did something differently.. you could see how it panned out, but you can get the same from an infinite universe. Also, I figure that if the multiverse theory was accurate, we would still be living in an infinite universe.. and every other multiverse would also be infinite.. and there would be an infinite amount of multiverses as well.

7. You believe that the burden of proof is on the believer, yet you offer no proof that it is. You believe that there is no creation, yet you offer no proof that there wasn't.

I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong. It doesn't really matter to me. But it seems fickle to burden the believer with proof when you yourself are just as much a believer of your beliefs as the believer is of their beliefs and yet offer no proof of your own for your beliefs.

Personally I think a much more fitting statement might be that the burden of belief is on the believer.

8. #28 A AnoesisOrange, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    And if by God you mean OscarZetaAcosta, then the answer would be: Yes, I believe in God. [​IMG]

9. Yes I do... But to each his own of course.  I've seen miracles happen and have had them happen to me personally.  Such as times when I've had excruciating pain and asked a family member to pray over me (my mother).  After she did, the pain was instantly gone.  I was 6 or 7 and a really thick wood swing hit me directly in the forehead.  I freaked out and asked my mom to pray and as soon as she did I went about my business like it didn't happen.  Haha :)  Feel free not to believe me but I'm not one to make up stories.  Especially about religion.

I don't have to offer proof that the burden of proof is on the believer. Even if I may have phrased it as a belief, it's not the same as arguing for the existence of something that has no empirical evidence, and you are just using semantics to make my point less valid.

I don't have to provide proof of an opinion, my opinion is that the burden of proof is always on the believer, and my opinion is that the color blue is cool, do I have to prove that the color blue is cool to say that? No, because it's my opinion.

Now, I also don't have to prove that creation didn't happen, because the burden of proof is on the believer (and although it's my opinion, it's also a basic principle of science), you have to prove that there is reason to believe in creation before I even consider proving that it didn't happen.

I wouldn't dare to say "There are flying invisible unicorns roaming the earth" and for that statement to be valid until you prove otherwise. It's ridiculous until I give you a reason to think that that's the case.

11. So it's only the holocaust programming you object to. lol

Do you hear yourself?

12. #32 Peflora, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    The proof exists. Sorry, I couldn't find the ink to a huge amount of info (including Red Cross death stats) , which is why I said do a search

Now, if we put holocaust in it's more realistic view, the holocaust included Germans, Italians, Russians, French, English, and Americans. The whole war structure is designed to cull the herd while making money for the heartless/soulless controllers

13. I had an OBE the other day...God does exist

❤️

14. Funny that I would listen to this TODAY.

Hope anyone swallowing the holocaust Kool-Aid listens to the whole conversation/interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rO9dNatSWg

I have relatives who were killed on concentration camps, I don't need more proof than that.

16. Ummmmmm, HELLO !!!!
    :angry:

17. The idea of God is disrespectful to the beauty of nature.

Humans are so arrogant of our intelligence that we personify everything. "This must be like us because we are best."

The mere idea of an intelligent designer is simply humans overinflating their own ego. As though its impossible that nature can simply balance spontaneously, without being told to do so by some "designer".

God doesn't tell the ball to bounce. It bounces because the floor is in the way. Equal opposite reactions.

The universe isn't "perfect" because God made it that way. Its not the case that one change in one law of physics would lead to an unstable universe. That's absurd. One change would lead to other changes. The universe is the result of balance. No matter how the laws of physics ended up working, you'd see equal opposite balancing acts, resulting in the same type of stable universe with balance energy interactions.

-yuri

Are you one of those ppl who deny the holocaust?

My neighbor spent over a year in a concentration camp in Poland, she was freed by the allies. Is she part of the act??
    How about the fact that Germany has acknowledged the holocaust and formally apologized for it.

19. #39 IRON-EYES, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    Any being with real logic knows
    A] the bing bang theory is hogwash ie order from chaos
    A hand grenade thrown into a messy room in no universe = a clean room
    B] Jews run most things thus there must be a great Jew in the sky
    Looking down his tremendous nose...
    ...judging us
    C] climb mount Ararat the measurements/materials/location are perfectly biblical
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_wIKiOgk10

20. God proven!
    image.jpg