Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How does 1g of wax compare to 8g of weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Skoomd, Apr 15, 2015.

1. #1 Skoomd, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    I am running low on weed cash so my options are limited. I can either buy 8g of flower for 100$ or a vape pen and a gram of wax for 85$. Which one is the better deal? Normally a 1/4 of weed will last me a month, I am pretty sensitive to weed's effect. 2 hits off a vape and I am faded. 

How many hits would 1g of wax give from a vape? It is an o-pen vape (the cartridge would be full of good wax, not the original stuff) 

I did some reading and a lot of people say a gram of wax lasts about 50-100% longer an an 1/8th of flower, so it would last the same as 5-7g of flower.

I have also heard 7g of weed gives a gram of wax. 

Can anyone give some input please? 

btw the weed itself is fire as fuck.... 

2. If you ask me, just buy the weed, but holy shit if you aren't getting reamed at $100 for 8 grams. I have an o-pen vape, the cartridges are overpriced. The battery is decent, though. There's no button and no airflow control on the cartridges, so it's a toss up. Sounds to me you're in a state where it's legal if we're talking about the same type of o-pen. Me personally, I think the 8 grams would last longer than a g of wax, but it all depends, because I limit my wax/shatter smoking to my car, since I can throw it in the hash pen, click a button, and be good. Opposed to loading a bowl, lighting it every time, etc. And if we're talking about the same o-pen then you're better off with the weed anyways. Not saying oil is bad, but in those cartridges you pay too much in my opinion.

3. Yeah maybe I should have made it more clear in my op

The cartridges I am using are made by a dispensary, those crappy o-pen cartridges are only like 60% hash oil according to several analysis studies run on them. The ones I am using have a gram of shatter in them, with some glycol to liquefy it. I am just using the o-pen battery

The 8g definitely is expensive, but the bud is absolute fire. Tested in at 25.6% THC. 

I was doing some more reading, and it seems the most conclusive answer I have found is that 1g of good BHO is ~5g of decent flower. If that's the case, I will just buy the bud. I would like some more input on this though

4. Yeah your estimates are pretty much correct on the 1r equals about 5-7 grams of flower.  If your tolerance is that low def go with flower.  No need for wax with your tolerance.  1 hit would prob. be more than you need, and you can't take that back lol.

5. 1g of wax = 4 g of flowers

6. Herbs 10% to low 20% THC
    Concentrates 50% to low 90% THC

Of course the important question which apparently no one cared to ask is wtf kind of wax/pen are you getting for $85 sounds like bunk.

Metal on some of these pens taste fucking gross.(almost all the cheap pens have them) I've tried the cheap ebay shit before I stopped using my pen completely used to have a titanium from my original pen much better but never use pens anymore strickly my bong with nail torch. 

7. Fuck a pen get a real dab rig!

8. Buy a actual vape pen and just keep re upping on oil lol . Much cheaper and more cost effictive in the long . Dont buy dispensary ones - its not worth

9. .5 conc 4g herb

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

10. 1gram of dank wax=3-4 grams of buds. So go with buds

Agreed completely.

Plus who buys wax to conserve? [​IMG]  I have only used flowers for near a year now? I can't remember. But anybody I know smokes it to get really high and/or have high tolerances built up. No reason you couldn't conserve with wax, but I do believe flower is going to be easier to get the high you want without "wasting" your wax.

Iron-eyes has a good point, rigs are very nice. Or keyedeyes saying to get a nicer pen, not necessarily one from a shop with potentially higher pricing.

12. read his posts and you'll see that he did in fact say what type of vape he'd be using. Not sure about the wax though.

13. I'd say go for buds. 

14. I'd choose the bud.

15. For daily medication, TO ME,
    1g of wax = 5.5 gs
    So I would pick the 8gs if it's some good weed

16. in your low tolerance situation I would go with the bud because you could rip off and smoke a smaller piece than the wax if you rip off and smoke too much of the wax like one set above me it goes to waste

17. that sucks, all my herbs are 30%+ i dont fuck with shit lower than that, and my concentrates be 96%

That's crazy, I want to see documents with 30%+ THC :)

19. Dang thats pricey for wax.  I would go for the bud!