Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many of you would say Weed ISNT a drug?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bigtee212, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Just curious...

youd be wrong, but id like to hear...

2. Weed isnt the drug, i thought the actual drug was the THC and the process it takes to release it. either it be smoking, vaporizing, or ingesting. Because isnt a shitload of stuff made out of it/could be made out of it. I say its an herb, but if it was considered a drug.. to me its less extreme than over the counter medicine people make the REAL drugs with.

3. There are many blades who argue that only things that are created by man or in a lab are true drugs (such as cocaine or meth) I believe that anything put into our body that has an affect on how it functions, is a drug.

4. Strickly speaking you'd be right, however, the real question is it a narcotic, for this is the rational that allowed the gov. to criminalize it.

5. Agree its a drug, BUT tabacco and alcohol are blindly ignored as drugs by society... So, if you want to go with that sense, I say it is not, and is BETTER than either of those choices...

Sometimes I wonder if it stays illegal so the "rebellious" don't graduate to something different and very legitly dangerous... like Meth...

6. its a drug overall, but as far as how society defines drugs, well I would say no.

7. It is a drug. Opinion has nothing to do with it.

Anything that can be habit forming is a drug, technically.

8. so would jogging or playing guitar be drugs technically?

really not tryin to be a dick, just want to know if that's actually what you mean.

Of course marijuana is a drug. All the people out there who say it's not (which I've read several times on these forums alone) are only helping to slow the process of legalization. If it's not a drug, then it's not good for anything. At least that's how the public sees it.

In other words, without it's medical prowess (to me that's what makes it a "drug") is the only reason it could ever be legalized, unless we just happened to get the best congress ever.

or if we just blazed up congress.

9. isnt a drug something that physically affects your conciousnous? or something...

anyways, some interesting points here. i mean of course it is pretty much on the very bottom of all the drugs in terms of negative aspects, but a drug none the less.

10. tobaccos a drug and that doesnt messs you up consciously...unless you smoke it fast than you get light headed

11. Spot on, my man.

12. If marijuana wasn't a drug then nobody would be smoking it. That being said, I consider marijuana to be my anti-drug.

13. i personally dont look upon marijuana as a drug, its more of a herb then a drug to me, it isnt addictive. most people consider it a drug, because it is deemed that by the government, what about salvia, i think salvia is more of a drug then marijuana and salvia is legal.. salvia is a herb too, but its probably not as big of a cash crop and marijuana is...

14. It is addictive; psychologically, very much so.

It isn't just law enforcement that class it as such, it is the medical profession, too.

15. i dont NEED bud, i currently am sober just took a drug test, waiting for it to come back... when i quit i wasnt just thinking about getting high, i just did the normal shit i do during the day, maybe its because i was quitting so i could get a job to support my habit, ive never been addicted to anything besides cigs.. and maybe diablo 2, but that was way back in the day, they can call it what they want, but id still not consider it a drug, i smoke bud to have fun and it helps me write papers better, so i dont consider anything that helps me be a better person, drugs.

16. Websters dictionary says:

Drug:
    a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body.

That pretty much sums it up, THC affects the way your body works, thus making it a drug. It has nothing to do with opinion or morals.

17. Yes, weed is a drug. But a ton of things are drugs. Even Vitamin C pills could be deemed a "drug" depending on which perspective you take.

18. weed is a plant, drugs are substances...what else is there to say?

19. ditto
    and any thing mix wit other ish is a drug (ie) baking soda:eek:

20. ya there it is.

could it be perhaps, the most harmless though?