818 headband a.k.a Sour OG 2000w RDWC. First grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by kesaber, Apr 14, 2015.

1. My plants are not doing so well after yesterdays nutrient change. It dropped from 850 PPM to 780 PPM and went from a 5.9 ph to a 6.3 ph. I think I'm going to mix a new solution today at around 1000 PPM or so and see how it does. The leaves are yellowing and curling at the top as you can see in the pictures. I assume this is due to my nutrient change? Any input?

Attached Files:

2. Did they start that after you changed your rez?

3. Yes. They were doing great before and 1 day after the rez change and that's what they look like

4. I would start there. Give a fresh change and see how they respond. What ya using for nutes?

General hydroponics 3-part. Working on the reservoir change as we speak. Thanks for all the help by the way!

6. No prob. Gh 3 part is old faithful. Should do well for ya

7. I did a nutrient change. I had it set at 1000 PPM and 5.9 PH. After changing it out I realized I need to add more water, so I added more, but had to leave right away so I couldn't check on it. When I came back the next day the plants were looking great. It was not at 510 PPM. I added a little more and it is now at 595 PPM and 6.1 PH. [SIZE=14.6666669845581px]I added a foot to the height of the tent as well and heat does not seem to be an issue for the time being[/SIZE]

Unfortunately because I was using 1000w total for a few days a couple plants didn't get as much light and are growing a little slower. I figure I'll flip to flower when the larger ones are ready and have a reduced yield on the smaller ones. 

Any advice on  training this scrog? There are HUGE fan leaves at the top that make it harder to train the plant. When should I start trimming below the canopy?

Attached Files:

8. Once you've got a solid screen, I'd say your ready to clean up underneath. Overall things look good! It's crazy how distinctive blue dream is. Looks like a pure sativa. Now that your nutes are at a higher level, your growth rate is gonna take off. My last run peaked at three in per 24 hrs. Something to consider with height restrictions.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I defoliated. Before, after, and top view.

Attached Files:

10. I accidentally suppercropped twice while defoliating. I duct taped them, but one of them may not make it :(

11. Everything looks great! I want to grow BD really bad but I think know RQS Lemon Haze will be first. Have you considered using the lucas formula for your nutes?
    http://lucasformula.com/

12. Looking great kesaber. Your setup is super clean. I just popped a 818 I picked up 10 regs at the Denver Cannabis Cup in April. Your a bit ahead of me so I'll be following along.

13. Hey kesaber... How's that Blue Dream going?

14. I ran the 818 a few years ago .. Pretty from the get go. Very fun to grow. Three different phenos out of a 10 pack. Ggood luck cannabartist