Vapes Vs. Smoking Vs. Edibles

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jeanbaptiste, Apr 14, 2015.

1. I'm a regular weed smoker BUT I want to branch out and try new things!

So I wanted to ask what everybody's preference was and why?!

In terms of:

• Convenience 
    • Actual high
    • Taste
    • Value for money
    • Equipment costs - maintenance etc.
    • Health benefits
    • Downsides

thanks for the help guys

2. edibles >= vaping >= smoking

3. vape wax, smoke ganja, edibles. pretty much in that order. [​IMG]

4. First off you are on a vape board so don't expect a totally objective set of responses. IMO.

Convenience; Hard to get much more convenient than a pack of papers.

Actual high. All three are different, it depends on which appeals to the individual.

Taste. Hard to beat a well controlled vape.

Value for money If you mean on the long term then I would go with vapes because of the efficiency of a good vape in skilled hands.

Equipment costs - maintenance etc. Pack of papers.

Health benefits I don't know or care.

Downsides Too long of a set of lists to run through for each method. Sorry

5. the main thing about vaping is you can use your stuff twice.  vape it until it's dark brown, then make firecrackers with the residue.  It's a 2 fer 1 deal.   [​IMG]

6. Edibles>vaping>smoking.
    But I mean a nice blunt isn't too bad...
    I mean idk now that I really think of it idc lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. if money was no object edibals all day long for me.... i make em strong and they last long

A personal preference is Vaporizers due to the fact i can use it in public, and i find the high is way more relaxing and mellow.

9. Does it not smelll??

10. It really depends, but i usually mix normal E-Juice with Weed E-Juice.

11. #11 lwien, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
    When you ingest edibles, you are actually ingesting another drug than what you ingest when you smoke or vaporize.   It's in the same family, but it's different.  When you ingest edibles, your liver converts THC to 11-hydroxy -THC.    There are also compounds that you get when you vaporize that you do not get when you consume edibles and this change of balance also affect the high.

And for me, the high is quite a bit different   I much prefer vapor being that not only do I like the high better, but I also don't want to be high for 6 hours like I am on edibles.

The following link a great primer on edibles for those that want to find out more about it:
    http://boingboing.net/2014/11/18/everything-you-need-to-know-ab.html

12. #12 hitops, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    No need to retype it Iwien nailed it I'm the same way. Edibles are fun & the vaporizer provides you with the AVB material that is needed. Needs no cooking to be used made into edibles. The edibles kick my butt though very different high for me. Very strong long lasting. P.S. awesome link btw good read.

13. I wonder if edibles stay longer in your system than vaping....?

If you're talking about the high, the edibles stay in your system longer.

If you're talking about THC that is stored in your fat cells, I have no idea, but I'd assume that it's about the same.    Could be wrong on this though.

15. Yea I meant stay in the system. Edibles are great for my insomnia. Definitely awesome to relax and watch a movie, helps get very comfortable. I'm always fidgeting and cannabis is a miracle for sitting still.

16. #16 hitops, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    This might interest you shows different THC profiles & taking into account variables such as frequency of use dose so on. see Fig 1 chart for first time users oral dose is on it. Whole artical is worth a read if you want to know about blood urine saliva testing all of it including how long the metabolites store for . Cutoff for test used in that chart & used by most states is 50 ng/ml. The standard in most government-required testing programs. Here is a link to it http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/drugtestguide/drugtestdetection.html#fn03 Seeing the 300ng/ml spike & hold on oral seems to imply it would stay detectable longer. It may drop but the rebound above cutoff would probably be well above it. Sustained much longer also. Not sure its just a guess however as every individual is different. Different BMI body mass index so on. Vaping should produce a similar profile to edibles due to dose delivery method could not find a study on it. Given it is a consistent high however unlike smoking & more like edibles. Plus it's sustained longer stronger dose as well. My guess it's the middle road when compared to smoking & edibles. Note if you read article the edibles produce things smoking do not in blood. I have heard vaping does also in blood but have not confirmed it for myself yet.