Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dispensary measurement vs. homemade

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by just one toke, Apr 14, 2015.

1. How does a 10mg edible compare to like a tray of brownies with half a gram of dank weed in each edible made with the whole cannaoil/canna butter process made correctly? My thought process was if 80% of the thc is extracted from the half a gram and that weed is like 15%thc then you have 75mg of thc in the weed or about 60mg that actually makes it into the edible. Does that sound about right? My friend bought a 10mg edible from a legal dispensary and said he didn't feel much but we were also smoking so I just kinda wanted a comparison

2. Tell him to look for more than 10mg. The edibles I get are 500mg. Each one has 10 grams of cannabis. Hope this helps :)

3. 10mg is a weak edible by most experienced users' standards.

The 10mg guideline was put in place to keep pot tourists from freaking out on their first time experience. ;)

4. Weights and balances. Easy mechanics and fast processing

5. The first and only time I took edibles - I had a bottle of 10 mg Edipure candies, 10 mg each. I took 2, waited an hour, felt nothing. Took another 2 waited another 2 hours; 3 hours since the first dose, then it finally hit me like a freight train. Luckily I was in for the night and not driving.

So I think it's a little unreliable and unpredictable for me. I prefer to vape and within one hit; within one minute I know if I've had enough or want more to get the desired result.