Cristianos first grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Cristiano, Apr 14, 2015.

1. #21 Cali Smoker, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    Edit* read thru and answered my questions, you seem to have studied up! She looks good I would let her do her thing.

2. I would cut just the tips off any leaves touching the soil.

3. Diagnosis?
    Spider mites? image.jpg
    Help

4. Mites are usually small blackish specs and their feeding will cause specs or bites to show up on the plants. Looks everywhere especially under leaves, you'll usually see webbing and some suckers crawling around. Take some.closer pics if you can

Its most likely nutrient related but she's looking great so far man, I wouldn't sweat too much.

5. #25 Cristiano, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Yup, thanks for the input. I was really hoping it was nute def.
    week 5 start bloom nutes image.jpg

6. image.jpg
    2nd day feeding flowering NUtes. 2/3 strengths
    Buds are exploding in 7 bud sites.

7. I grow in coco coir as well. I noticed earlier in the thread you were worried about not having a good dry cycle. The thing with coco, you can treat it like hydro! It will thrive

8. 1st flushing then feed flowering nutes at half strength
    Not going to water for 3 to 4 days. Then feed at 3/4 strength
    I will try to imitate Strain hunters technique of blowing up the buds
    image.jpg

Main cola
    image.jpg

9. Yes thanks for the info. I noticed also with a proper perlite coco ratio roots are well aerated and growing.
    Next grow will be on airpots. And a lower perlite content. This one is about 50/50 mix

10. Unless you just have a bunch of perlite around to make the coco stretch, I wouldn't even add the perlite. I noticed throughout the grow, most of it eventually just floats to the top..coco drains and has enough aeration on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. My thoughts exactly, perlite just floats on top and whenever I flush I guess the perlite moves around inside and damages the roots. And I dont know how porous perlite is, but using a half gallon pot, water retention with a high perlite ratio is ill advised.
    I'll just add perlite just to expand the medium. Coco compress easily, I'd fill the pot up to the brim. After this grow I'll check the root structure.

12. 10th day of flowering nutes
    On 6th day flushed and dry for two days
    8th day feed at full strength GH maxigro
    Boom!
    image.jpg

Other bud sites are less developed but the size is not far from the main cola
    image.jpg

13. #33 Cristiano, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
    Start week 6
    image.jpg
    Starting to show some red hairs. 2 to 3 weeks to go
    image.jpg

Start with next grow. Shining silver haze from RQS. Organic soilless mix
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    New cab, 2x2x6 ft

14. Nice cab. Did you build it yourself

15. Yup it's a diy project
    It looks good hehe but a lot of light leaks. I'm having a hard time finishing the doors that closed up tight

16. Yeah looks awesome! I was looking into building a cab. I build a small veg cab out of cardboard lol but I wouldn't feel safe putting flowers in there.

17. Tried to smoke a small bud.
    Premature buds.
    Smoke is still body high. Weak potency. Maybe a week or two to go
    It got me stoned though.
    image.jpg

18. I have the same strain going. Was lookin for a while for a journal on it. I just put one in dirt in a 3 gallon pot today. The other one popped but the taproot is at a standstill.

19. It's a slow growth. But will speed up after 4 weeks. It's taking me 11 weeks to harvest

Start of 10th week. Cut of 3 minor buds. Testing the smoke
    image.jpg

Main cola
    image.jpg

20. Yea I started one before and had to stop the grow for a family emergency. Once I came back I was no longer interested but now it's my last auto to get rid of so yea... It was a SLOW start. It was in a 5 gallon bucket at the time. Didn't move for a week I swore.