Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ratio for the mom

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by lessthanjeezy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Going to be making my first batch of brownies for my mom soon who has been sick with cancer the last couple years, she's finally coming around to trying cannabis and with lung cancer, edibles seem the best way.

I normally make them with about a half Oz of bud for 14 brownies, but think they might be too much for someone who hasn't smoked since they were a teenager. I was thinking of using a quarter for 14 brownies so she gets a half gram per dose, think that will work? I'll be doing the badkat cannaoil recipe

2. I would say a half gram would be good for your mother. You can even try a little less for her first edible. My first edible was 1 gram and I felt it somewhat but use daily for medical use. 

Use a quarter or a gram less.

I am very sorry to hear about your mother as well, I hope she kicks cancer's ass. 

3. Thank you I appreciate it, yeah she is a fuckin fighter I will tell you that. I think I'm gunna try the quarter, gave her eat a half and wait an hour, eat the other half and see how she feels

4. #4 puddleglum, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    Good luck with your mom and her cancer! I hope the brownies help. [​IMG]

The BadKatSmiles recipe has specific and detailed dosage instructions, I assume that you have already read and understood this? Any specific questions about the BadKat's advice?

For dosage information, one source of information is the regulations in legal states. Colorado's definition of a "serving size" is 10mg of THC. If you are using excellent bud that is 20% THC then 10mg THC = 50mg of bud. 50mg per brownie x 14 brownies per pan = 700mg or 0.7g bud per pan. That is probably a safe amount for a first-time user with a low tolerance.

So then you can measure the strength of your edibles on a scale of "Colorados." I personally (an experienced daily user) use between an eighth and a quarter per tray, so my brownies have a strength of 5-10 Colorados. If you used a half oz per tray, then each brownie would be 20x the strength of what can legally be sold in Colorado as a single serving.

Many on the forums consider 20 Colorados (or more) to be a totally reasonable dose, especially for medical use. I personally don't like the mental effects of mega-dose edibles, but I agree that the existing 10mg regulations are too strict, and users should have access to (clearly labeled) higher concentration edibles if they choose. 

5. Don't give her a half gram her first time! If you're making edibles the right way, .5 grams will get a daily toker pretty baked for hours and can get a newbie paranoid and too high very easily. I would start with .2 grams tops for the first time and if she doesn't feel that I would work my way up but it's better to not feel it then to freak her out.

My girlfriend had never smoked and tried edibles her first time and I gave her .1 gram the first time and she got a little buzz, then .2 grams next time got her decently baked and then one time she had .4 grams after she had already had it a few times and had a bad experience and if that had been her first time trying it she probably wouldn't have tried it again.

6. Yeah I wasn't planning on giving her a whole brownie to start, was going to give her half a brownie to start and see how that works for her