Experiments you or I would try if we had the luxury to do so...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by olar, Apr 14, 2015.

1. #1 olar, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    In the aspect of only altering 1 variable, but a large one for growing of cannabis.

trying different temperatures, like excessively hot for a few hours, comfortable for a few, then cold for a few.

most people recommend '70 to 75' -- which i bet rarely happens overnight where most outdoor cannabis has been growing.

---

6 plants control, 6 plants fluctuation temperatures

would need at least 4-6 different groups of these for enough variations to determine heat effects.

afterwards (and during) growth scientific measures should be taken every day past the 30th day of growth.  All terpenes and other phyto chemicals should be recorded in weekly samples -- Group A is collected and immediately tested for phytochemicals. Group B and C are both left for 6 hours before tested. Group B is left for 6H in a dehydrator (95 degrees F), the other sample is left in room temperature air (68 degrees F). 

--

different experiments with temperatures... 
    The conclusion we may already draw is that a strain of cannabis that is normally a complete couch lock will exhibit completely different properties if it is grown in extreme cold 12h and extreme heat for 12h, or sativa that is even cooler and smoother. Only by sciencing will we see, at last, exact ratio changes compared to a normal growth.

----

experiment 1** warm temperature water (100 degrees F) 6H, then allowed to get to room temp (1H), then cold water (40 degree F) for 6H, then allowed to warm up while nutrients 1 hour, then 5-6H of warm, keep doing this

experiment 2** cooler water (68 degrees F) water for 23 hours out of the day, warm water (80D F) for 1H with nutrients

---

I'll stop at two possibilities, kind of tired from trying to write this in a way that makes some sort of sense.

**if 100 degree temperature water (I don't think i mentioned hydroponics at all) is what you would call an 'insane' heat then by all means drop the numbers some. If 40 degree F will destroy the plant, then by all means up the numbers some.

Tl;dr  fluctuating temperatures and hydroponic cannabis science