The first piece Ive ever broken.

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Viral Frog, Apr 14, 2015.

1. I've been smoking for seven years and have never broken any sort of smoking device. Today, I was putting away a pipe that I've had since my 22nd birthday (2 years ago). I've been sick with some shitty stomach virus and have the shakes. I went to put the pipe in my medicine cabinet, but due to my hands shaking, the pipe missed the shelf and landed in my bathroom sink.

I really felt like shedding a tear. I got this when I still lived in Utah from a local artist. It hit like a beast, and had a cool snake scale pattern when it collected resin. A friend of mine that I haven't seen in a year and a half was going to visit at the end of the month, and I was stoked to bust it out for a reunion bowl.

RIP Jörmungandr, the World Serpent.

2. Forgot pic in OP. Sorry for the potato quality. My phone doesn't take the best pictures.

Attached Files:

3. Welcome to stonerdom!

4. Always sad to see a piece go, good excuse to buy a new one though :)

5. Don't sweat it, it happens to the best of us dude. She was a beaut, RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Thank you all. I plan to stop by the head shop on my way home from work. I'll post pics with of the new piece later today.

7. I bought a new piece. It's not a dry piece, but I wanted to show you guys. :p

They didn't have any pipes I liked at the store, so I ended up leaving with this.

Attached Files:

8. My heart goes out to you, breaking pieces fucking suckssss. I suggest saving the pieces due to their sentimental value even though it probably isn't worth getting fixed. Maybe it will make you feel a bit better to see someone else's pain. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1429106136.958310.jpg these are the broken uplines. Left is my buddies and right is mine. Broken in the exact same spot. One day I will find a local blower to weld the mouthpieces back on. But until then, I get to look at these everyday while fighting back an emotional breakdown. (About $400 each at the time of purchase)

9. #9 Viral Frog, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    Damn. That's a shame. I wouldn't mind finding a local artist and having mine fixed. It was a clean break, no crumbling of the glass. For now I'll just enjoy some oils.

10. I've been smoking as long as I can remember but I've only been using bongs for a couple years now. I've yet to break a piece, let's hope I never do!!! 

RIP Jörmungandr, the World Serpent. 

11. I've broke every piece I've ever owned. That's just what happens you just get over it and buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I've broken a dry piece or two, but the day I break a bong I'll shed tears for sure.

13. Hell, that's heartbreaking, but it will feel better. My condolences.