New Destinations Quest for better medicine

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by New Destination, Apr 14, 2015.

1. #1 New Destination, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    Hi GC, I have been reading and learning on here for a little over a year now.

I am a medical marijuana patient and I grow for myself and a handful of other medical marijuana patients. I don't want myself, my family, or anyone close to me to have to buy medicine for 300-400 dollars an ounce. 

To give a little background, I am pretty new to growing with last year being my first grow on my own at my house. I grew Nirvana's AK 48 last year, here are a few pics. 

View attachment 1524115
    View attachment 1562026
    View attachment 1562027

My thoughts on this strain are that it is a very good hybrid. The plants I had smelled a lot of sweet, citrus, and skunk. The taste is very sweet, I love it with my volcano. The effects help me a lot with depression anxiety, and if I vape enough, sleep. The biggest thing with this starin is that it is an appetite stimulant, which is amazing because I have a hard time with eating.

This year I have a much larger variety of strains because I need medicine for different ailments. 

Here is a headband clone I got from a buddy that I have nursed back to health. I will probably plant that in ground in a few weeks. 

This first pic was a few days after I got her.
    View attachment 1739384

This is a pic I took yesterday.
    View attachment 1747679

Here is a white Widow Auto from Vision seeds.
    <div> View attachment 1747680

I also have Critical Kush seedlings from Barneys farm up, along with AK 48, Ice, and Aurora Indica from Nirvana, LA Con and Sharksbreath from DNA, and Royal Medic from Royal Queen seeds. Just had a fruit punch pop up. I am also running a few other autos.

Soil wise, I mixed holes with perlite, crab meal, kelp meal, earthworm castings, gypsum, dolomite lime, glacial rock dust, chicken and cow manure, soybean meal, peat moss, and a few other things. 

My plants are housed in a greenhouse that is about 8-9 feet tall. I use luminance plastic and have fans in there already if I need them for flowering.

As far as seedbanks go, I definitelty want to give a huge shoutout to Nirvana for having great genetics and great prices.
    I also now love the Gorilla seedbank and will say that they are the most caring seedbank out there.
    I will also give Herbies and the Vault some love for being awesome as well.

I welcome any input or feedback and will try to update my progress when I have time.

I also plan to update some other stuff if I think anyone may enjoy it such as edibles, future cannabis cup experiences, thoughts, edibles, or anything else I feel the need to update.

</div>

2. That ak has me all hot and bothered, lol....very nice grow

3. Thank you. I loved the AK, I have 4 seedlings of it up right now.

4. Just got a pack of Bubblicious AF from Nirvana. I will be popping some of those in the next few weeks as well.

5. Everything is up now and at least in the seedling stage

My White Widow Auto is doing well, prefloweing. I added some WC and a light dose of flower girl last watering.

My sick Headband clone is still doing very well, I think it will have many,many tops which I am happy for. 

6. Lunch Time Update

One reason I use medical marijuana is to be able to eat, so thankful to have an appetite. 

First plant is Aurora Indica fem

Next is an AK 48 fem

Next is a Candy Kush auto

Random bagseed that I liked

Next two are my white widow auto

Next is the Headband clone I got that was initially in rough shape.

Last is a LA Con fem

Attached Files:

7. An update, been busy lately with work and school.

White Widow Auto, smells very strong, great plant.

Cannabis Cup seed plant

AK 48 fem

Aurora Indica fem

Candy Kush auto

Headband clone

LA Con

Attached Files:

8. Just gave the plants a very light dose of worm castings with their waterings. 

White widow is smelling better by the day.

9. Just checked the garden, everything is looking great. Just planted some carrots. 

First two are White Widow auto - Vision

Next is a plant I named Onyx, it was from a seed I found in bud at cannabis sup

Next is Sharksbreathe - DNA

Fruit Punch - Heavyweight, my most sativa like one so far....I have one person who I grow for who needs sativas over indicas for medical use.

Aurora Indica - Nirvana

AK 48 - Nirvana

Candy Kush Auto - Auto seeds

LA Con - DNA

Headband clone I took in, originally very sick

A bagseed in some bud I found. I hope it is female because I loved the high from the bud it came from, very clear, focused, but alert. 

I also just popped two bubblicious autos from Nirvana because I am running low on bud. I need to last until harvest, Im not too worried about it though.

And some of the other flowers I like to grow, can anyone guess which ones they are?

Attached Files:

10. Holy shit dude! I've grown AK-48 out a couple times I think the genetics are solid as shit as well, but wow the one you grew outside! The main stem was bigger than that water bottle!

11. Are you in a hoop house? If it gets Legalized in 2016 like they are talking about in ME, the wife and I already said we are clearing out more land and setting up a nice greenhouse or two. I got some awesome growth rates and plant size outside! I'm sure it crazy in CA with the natural environment being damn near ideal. Good luck man I wish I could grow Cana trees in my front yard and tell my neighbors to suck it!

12. I am in a hoop house. I have 4 AKs this year and am excited anout them. That is probably my favorite strain. I don't have too many neighbors, but they don't really care either way, they are old. I also do all their landscaping, so they like me. 

13. I live back in the woods myself! 😊 but I know it would be stinking if I was outside.. Not till its legal. I almost forgot I had this jar until we talked about it the other day! Shit is mad strong my wife was toasted off a vape bag!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431284907.950869.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431284921.100616.jpg

14. Cool stuff dude!
    Can't wait to see that LA Con grow up!

15. Nice New D! Definitely gonna stick around here. We are running some sour diesel and green crack this year. Late start. Just threw them in the room so they only have about 3 weeks until they go outside. All clones off of our spring run.

16. I have 3, that is just the biggest.  Im excited to see if that will be the heaviest indica. 

17. The plants are doing great, just got home from work. The White Widow Auto keeps getting better and growth has been getting faster. I plan on putting up new pics next Tuesday because work has been so busy. Im happy that the plants are looking even happier than last year. 

18. Nice grow your doing very well

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Little update because I wont be able to post pics again till next Tuesday. Things are going well, definitely won't have to buy medical marijuana after this year. Im happy I will also be able to hook up other medical patients. 

AK 48 - Nirvana
    Aurora Indica - Nirvana
    Sharksbreathe - DNA
    Fruit Punch - Heavyweight
    Cannabis Cup seed (Onyx)
    White Widow Auto just added some flower girl to her - Vision
    LA Con - DNA
    Candy Kush Auto - Auto seeds
    Headband Clone
    Random bagseed I liked
    Another Cannabis Cup seed from the same batch, this one looks more sativa
    Ice - Nirvana

Just clipped a tiny bud from my Skywalker OG clone that I am using light dep on. Should be done in another week or two. 
    Also just had 2 bubblicious autos pop up. I also have a Critical Kush from Barneys Farm that popped a few weeks ago. 

Attached Files:

20. Just got my first issue of High Times mag, good stuff. :)
    I decided to get it because of the crazy discount I got for attending cannabis cup, which was an amazing experience.