Best sports game of all time? No contest

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by OGconnoisseurG, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Hands down, by far, the best sports game of its generation. NBA 2K11! This is not opinion, it is the highest rated of all time. But I would still like to hear other opinions lol

2. #2 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    i think 2k12, 13, 14, and 15 are all better than 11 lol.  they've improved steadily over the years.  although 13 might be the best.

best sports game of all time is tough because there's different types of games, like you could have tons of fun with NBA Jam, and if how fun it is is all that matters to you, you could say that is.  or tecmo bowl, nhl 94, nfl blitz, etc etc.  but those games are really different from the 2ks, the nhls and the show.

i think my personal favorites that I just enjoyed the most while i played them would either be 2k13, ncaa football 06, nba live 05.  mlb the show honorable mention.

3. MLB the Show is the best sports game of all time. 

yup. 

I play '14 on the PS4 it's pretty BA.

Don't think I'm going to buy '15 though. These new games for PS4 are too damn expensive. 

4. i also play 14
    i haven't bought 15 yet either mostly because i'm still having fun with 14.  I played a franchise, won it all, started a career and got to the bigs.  maybe after i finish a season or two of it I'll buy the next one.

props to them though for making a sports game that's still fun to me a year after release.

5. Yeah I'm getting far with my road to the show guy. lol I bought the PS4 solely to play the Show.

Pissed me off so much when I had a 360 and all they had was MLB 2k. 

Most of the other games you posted are cool too. I wish they still made NCAA games. NCAA March Madness was tits. 

6. Funny because 2k11 still holds the crown with an higher overall rating than it's successors. The franchise got better every year from 2k7-11 but has not produced anything close since, they have went backwards.

7. Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on N64.

8. I like the Griffey on Super Nintendo better

9. NBA 2k11, NHL O7, NFL blitz/ street

10. I really enjoyed this one twoplayer ! I haven't played much in the way of sports games, tried hockey but thats no fun..
    [​IMG]

11. I've never played it on snes. N64 version is my jam though. I love the hitting mechanic, it has such a nice learning curve. Hard as shit at first but once you get the hang of it it's extremely satisfying.

12. I think you are forgetting about a little game called Bases Loaded.

13. If we're talking NES games, then it's gotta be RBI baseball by Tengen.

14. agreed on 2k13..it just felt way more refined and smooth than 12.  Tried 14 and it felt clunky, idk. Yet to try 15... ill probably just wait for 16

15. #15 TimothyTheFirst, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    I really liked 13 cause that's when they changed to ballhandling moves being done with the right stick, which is what I grew up on playing nba live on playstation (early 2000s, before it sucked).  it's a lot more intuitive.

15 takes some getting used to cause the shooting is different but once you learn it, I like it better personally.  some people dont though.  it's really hard to play against your friends who don't own the game because they always shoot like 25% and the game is never close.

although most people I know just play the game really stupid and don't know how to get good shots anyways.

16. #16 travilanche, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    I never played that one unfortunately. I did also play Blades of Steel and Hoops though.

Also Bases Loaded was awesome because you could charge the mound if you got beamed! Not sure if that was in RBI Baseball. I wish I could try that one out now.

17. Nfl 2k5 was pretty awesome. Miss that game. :smoke:

18. 2k12 was garbage, 2k13 was only slightly better. 2k11 outsold both of them and has higher ratings.

19. 2002 blitz on the original Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. The skate series by far. Best one is skate 2. Og skate for nostalgia and skate 3 for insane spots but the 2nd is overall the best feeling one. I just wish they made a snowboarding game with the skate game mechanics.