Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking bongs with Tobacco

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by phillay420, Apr 13, 2015.

1. I'll smoke a spliff if my roommates have one in rotation, but I don't particularly enjoy it. I'll never smoke tobacco alone or by myself. I've watched family members die from tobacco and it's not something I want to get into. I smoked for about a month in high school but fortunately never developed a habit.

2. im glad I can encourage man because its made such a big difference in my life, and its hard to put into words when you realize what it can do for you

3. thread title gave me a headache

4. Joint, yes... Bongs, no... Too much niccy rush. 

5. cannabis + tobacco are actually pretty commonly mixed, particularly in Europe, Jamaica (I think?), India, Pakistan, etc. tbf the Americans, despite being on the origin land of tobacco, are one of the few areas in the world that don't and that's why GC (being mostly made of them, nothing against them just fact) is full of those that hate it

here's something i put on a similar thread about it..

but i think its mostly used to help the weed/hash burn (not everyone gets those beautiful cali buds [​IMG]  )

i like my joints pure but in a bong i'll usually throw some baccy in; not only are you using significantly less than in a cigarette, you're also filtering it through water - so overall i guess it's healthier just getting your nicotine fix this way

if i had a suggestion, though; avoid the additives. they're the root of most (like ~~90%?) of the cancers in common tobacco. that's why it's tons worse for you now than way back when - try organics like American Spirit! [​IMG]

6. Interesting post bro. I generally use port royal with my buds. I know the feeling of not wanting to even smoke without baccy. If i only have buds ill go to extremes to get baccy too as i dont always have cause im not really a ciggy smoker. Haha

7. I read a post the other week about "smoking moles/poppers/spinners" whatever. The next time I smoked I topped each snap with a little tobacco from a Marlboro light (only tobacco I had access to, I would have used organic pipe tobacco or something if I could) It was enjoyable, it added a little "something" (a head rush) to the high. However the head rushes didn't last long, and tasted like shit. I would always take a straight snap right after. It was a cool new experience but I haven't got more into it since and don't think I will... I prefer straight marijuana, especially with the shit tobacco we have available to us... Maybe if I grew it myself I'd mix more

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. All i could taste was the tobacco not much of bud and got too dizzy(not a cig smoker), not the thing for me

9. I'm from the UK I started with a little glass bong and used to smoke straight weed. Then used a bong and I unscrewed the bowl off the metal tube and used it as a shotty in a bong lol ( dab tobacco in the end of the tube then dab weed and when you burn and inhale it all shoots into the water when you burnt it) but it was a shitty taste and ruined the bong.

I advise having a bowl with just weed and having a fag after to smooth it out. That's what I do now days :)

10. Good to always try it before you mock it aye. Alot of people dissing it on here probably havent given it ago. Though at the same time fair enough cause it fairly poisonous.

11. I love spliffs, fam.

12. I'm a cigarette smoker but would never put my flowa with tobacco. However while backpacking in europe the only good i had access too was hash so i'd end up smoking hash with tobacco in a paper due to lack of a pipe

13. I only knew of one person who smoked spliffs,
    but maybe he just meant he was smoking some good weed
    rolled well in a joint because I didnt think he ever smoked tobacco.

I've never smoked a cig in my life and only several cigars.
    I do love smoking blunts though..

Back in highschool I passed on serval blunts and joints offered by my friends lil brother,
    who loved mixing tobacco with weed. Tobacco is just straight shit if you ask me.

My friends who do smoke cigs love smoking one after they smoke weed but they
    dont ever smoke them mixed together, that's just disgracing the greenery!

Not disgracing anything. Just a different way of smoking.

Its disgracing the sacred herb!

haha just messing, I wasn't being over serious with my original post, mostly sarcasm

Haha I think its a bit like black dick for girls, once go go there ya never go back but intimidating for those who haven't tried it. haha

I'm like the white girl who never wanted to get with a black man and never will:) 

18. Seems like americans dont really use this technique. I'm from Canada, Toronto, and lots of us who burn use batch/t/tobacco, but we but it before the weed, not on top. 

Also, since my 2nd year of smoking, ive just burned bowls with t in it, and increased overtime now to 50-60% tobacco, and lemme just say its probably the WORST way to smoke weed ever. its highly addicting, makes you want to put more to get the "head rush", then you actually end of up using more weed because the tobacco ends up preventing you from getting as high. oh not to mention the health problems, way worse coughing/phlegm etc
    Currently trying to quit using any, but its quite hard. 

19. I've smoked cigs and weed but not tobacco and weed, honeslty don't see how it's that gross, but I wouldn't smoke it with weed if I had the choice, also wouldn't turn it down if there wasn't another option.

But, back to your Q. Don't smoke it out of a bong, tobacco is seriously bad for you, but i honestly don't think weed is as bad. Doug benson smoked nonstop for 30 days and and full mental and physical work outs before and after and the doctor found that his lung function and virtually everything about his was just as healthy, and mentally he even preformed better on his SAT. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum